Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Is anybody else tired of this guy’s act? You know that with this being the last year of his contract, Fat Albert is going to find the motivation to rip it up this year. This means that #92 will be demanding a nice big payday come the off season… and some GM is going to be happy to pay it. I’d hate for the Titans to be the team that forks over the cash to Fat Al. You know he’ll just slip back to his inconsistent ways as soon as he gets the security of a nice hefty long term contract.

I think that the Titans should seriously consider unloading Haynesworth during the year if he’s playing well. If the club can get an 2008 first day pick for him midway through the season I’d jump all over it. Maybe MR is thinking along the same lines and that’s the reason the team is trying to sign the Corey Simons of the world.

I just hate the idea of the Titans committing long term cap money to a guy who’s proven himself to be a snarly, under-motivated, under-achieving **** during his time in Tennessee.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's hard to gauge his value right now. Last year, I don't think anyone would have traded a fifth-round pick for him.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

AH might be worth a 5th round pick to a team with SB aspirations before the season starts if they had injuries deplete their DTs but nobody is going to give up much for a guy in the last year of his contract even without the behavior issues. I do think if AH has a real solid year there will be teams looking to give him a pretty good payday.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'd trade him for a first day pick. We have a lot of guys who's contracts are up soon & Haynesworth isn't one I'd like to overpay to keep.

Last year of his contract or not I think he'll still blow hot & cold.He's no Childress that's for sure.Maybe a hungry young draft pick will be better value.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We probably can't get a first day pick for him. I'd take it if we could. Unless someone has major injury issues during the season, I see no way we trade him before his contract expires.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Who?

:))

I just think Haynesworth will rip it up this year. Even if he's having an All Pro type season, and as much as it would suck to dump a player playing at that level, if someone's willing to pay a premium for an all pro DT in their bid for the Super Bowl then the Titans should jump at it (even if Tennessee themselves are making a playoff push).

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Your probably right but we seem to make a habit of letting players go & getting no return for them.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No one will give up anything for him. He's a FA after this season.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

You're probably right. But pass rushing, disruptive, DT's are a valuable commodity, and if a team would have been in the market for a DT after the season, why not take a shot a Big Al (and try to extend him once acquired).

Just curious, what did the Colts give up to acquire Anthony McFarland?

It'd be easier to deal Al if Randy Starks would just show something of the promise he displayed during his rookie season. Meh.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Albert is primed for a huge season. Let's face it. Very good DTs are hard to come by.

Albert is still a relatively young guy (just turned 26) and has 5+ good seasons left in him. You'd also hope that he is at an age where he is maturing on and off the field. I'll take it as a positive sign that he wasn't kicked out of any training camp sessions this year...

Have a look at what he does on the first play on this video. Albert can still occupy the double team better than any lineman we have and force turnovers/disrupt the passing game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80192332

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar