Haynesworth to test free-agent market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daves not here, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hooray for sacking the second most sacked qb in the league 5 times!

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

So you're going to tell me that you weren't even the least bit impressed that two rookies from our much maligned draft class accounted for 4.5 of those 5 sacks?

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

And if they are correct, I have no problem with it. They get paid to diddle on websites like that, I don't. The times and the economy dictate the market. Reinfelt and Fisher have a little more insight than us. If they are not willing to ante up what Fat Al wants, there is a reason. They feel he's not worth his demand. Plain and simple........

You know they already have a Plan B ready to go......you can't be that naive. Via draft or FA, they have a plan.

I wish people could look beyond homerism.

4. Fry

our plan is to score over 30 points a game with boldin and holt to win games, because i don't see any way in hell we keep the kind of defense we had last year.

we could blitz more to create pressure. too bad we don't have any linebackers that are good pass rushers. that would also leave nick harper on an island more and take griffin out of the center of the field.

not to mention we have one of the smallest MLBs in the league starting. sure would be nice to have some beef in front of him to keep him clean. too bad we won't have a single guy over 300 lbs on the line other than haynesworth.

5. Fry

i was impressed, but where were they the other 15 games?

william hayes didn't sniff any qb other than roethlisberger all season. jason jones sacked david garrad when the jags were one injury away from having a tight end play tackle in week one.

6. Chapparal97

Ahhhh, you just opened another can of worms........Boldin and Holt? LMAO.....dream on, not gonna happen.

New Def. Coordinator. Look at what's out there in the first two rounds this year. If they don't sign Fat Al, LB's and DE's who can play LB or DE will be coming our way. All we need is a noseguard (Tony Brown?) to change. There is a ton of gold medal winner LB's and DE's out there. If we don't sign him, methinks we'll be a fast, killer D like the Steelers.....rather than a methodical, plodding D.

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'll agree with that. I'm not trying to say that we can justify not re-signing Haynesworth by pointing at one game, but I was very impressed by their performances in the Steelers game. As much as I would love to have Haynesworth back, I do not believe that he has made our entire defense. We have three potential pro bowlers in the secondary alone, two more in the linebacking corps. Sure, without Haynesworth we will take a step back on defense, but if we go out and get a solid veteran for half of what we were going to pay Al, I still think our defense will be pretty good. And as much as I know it won't happen, I would love to see the money that we are not going to pay for Haynesworth used to bring in a legit threat at wide reciever or tight end. I guess I can always dream though.

8. Fry

we've been slow and plotting the last two years?

all we need is a noseguard? yeah, that and two rush linebackers, two space eating defensive ends and another middle linebacker.

there is about as much chance of us changing to a 3-4 as there is boldin and holt coming here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Chapparal97

I think Cecil is gonna change it up often. Play a 4-3, then switch to a 3-4. It's gonna screw up the opponents schemes. They can't plan anymore.

I see the Titan's D (and remember we all root for the Titan's here, right?) has developed into a sort of machine. They can replace a part and get serviceable performance. No one individual is greater than sum of the whole machine. It's looking really cool.

Sooooo.....Fat Al is replaceable.

10. Chapparal97

Last comment before I hit the rack.....not trying to be a homer here, BUT, IF Cecil changes things up a bit, Clay Matthews would be perfect draft pick for us. Size and speed. Inside and outside. He may not be there when we draft, but he fits the Titans. None of the "experts" will tell ya that. They have him going earlier.

It doesn't hurt that he's Bruce Matthews Nephew and a USC guy either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar