Haynesworth to test free-agent market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daves not here, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

cheap

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

He's bluffing..
    I doubt he wants to pick up and leave TN. Just a way to get the wheel rolling..

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

pathetic. :rolleyes:

4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

My gut says he'll end up finding a depressed FA market and the numbers he receives won't be what he's looking for. There's a number of reasons, argue all you want.

1 - He's damaged goods with past behavior issues. He's a risk, like I said, argue as much as you like, but he's got an iffy attitude. It's well known around the league. With the money he wants, that alone will be scrutinized till the cows come home. Big, Bad Boys with prior histories haven't done too well long term. Steroids maybe? He's had 2 great seasons, not what makes a career.

2 - Most "experts" believe that this years draft is loaded with talent for DT's, DE's and especially linebackers. Much cheaper to sign a rookie fot the future than AH.

3 - Economy - If he was smart, he should ask the Titans for another franchise tag and try FA again next year when things are a bit better.

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Asking for another franchise tag would be the dumbest thing he could do and it would never happen and would make no sense at all. As much as I want him to stay, Albert is doing the right and logical thing by testing the FA market. He wants big money and I think that's the thing to do for big money.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm conflicted on this. One one hand I would love to have him back despite his knack for getting hurt. On the other I'm tempted to see what we would do with all that money we would save for him. Knowing us probably nothing but if we could exchange Haynesworth for TJ and Nnamdi or something like that I would do that.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I agree if we let him go and we still dont buy some playmakers, then the Titans FO is going to take some serious heat.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Trade up and draft Raji or Jerry.......... half the price, similar results.

9. TM

TM Starter

AH has never been under the franchise tag. Before camp last year, the Titans voluntarily agreed not to use it on him in 2009.

If AH, gets away then the failure to use the tag and get some compensation for his is a collossal blunder by Reinfeldt/Fisher.

AH would easily command a 1st round draft choice, and probably more, in a few weeks if he had been tagged.

For a team that has a super bowl window open, this is the type of blunder that should get a GM fired.

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

False.

Plus a team would never "voluntarily agree" to not use the Franchise Tag on a star player having never used it on that player before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar