Haynesworth,starks Need To Have Breakout Year:period

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With the way things look now it looks like haynesworth and starks are going to be anchoring our defensive line.With no upgrades and only one signing(long) the titans are gonna need everyone on the D-line to step up huge and that may be asking a little to much considering the only two forces on the line are Vanden Bosch and Albert.Starks needs to have a breakout year and be dominant like we all know hes capable of,hes got the talent and the tools.This is his 4th year and there's no reason why he can't be a serious force inside.As far as Albert is concered,what can i say? He can look like the best DT in the league on one series and look like a rookie on the next.Haynesworth is playing for a new contract this year and he has alot to prove so i expect him to go all out.We can all agree that hayesworth can be unstoppable when he wants to but isn't always consistant.Last year was supposedly the breakout year for him when he said he was going to the pro bowl and that vanished.Not only does Albert need to play well for his future but he needs to play lights out if we're going to have any chance in making the playoffs next year

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I used to have high regards for Jim Washburn
    but his lines have been inconsistent as of late
    and the development of 3 DE's from the same draft have yet to solidify

I'm wondering if the lines woes stem from Washburn or from Scwhartz

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

neither. washburn cant control odom breaking a bone in his knee or laboy having chronic concussions.

4. I like Washburn, but honestly his success in the NFL was based primarily on Jevon Kearse...

5. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i think mahelona's gonna Come Alive this season......

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

me3 he was really good at tennessee and i just think he needs his big break.

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

He obviously can't control Albert's temper or motor either...

8. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

Albert's injured too much. I think the Titans will pay him this year, then let him walk. Or maybe do a sign and trade scenario. Anyway I don't see him being a Titan past this season.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Both will play well..

Haynesworth has something to prove and the potential of unrestricted free agency in 08 has to be a motivating factor. Starks is still so young he has to get better.

Reading starks prospect profile you wonder what in the hell has been wrong. He seemed to have more potential than what we have seen..

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/randy_starks

I think both will do fine and we need to keep them for the long term..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar