Haynesworth now an unwanted man

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

What was factually wrong about what I said?

At the time, Brown was a journeyman. That was a major contract to him and that was exactly the contract I was talking about. That should have been obvious when i said he played better after getting his new contract. If you weren't so caught up in spitting venom, you might have done some research.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Point being the perspective is if a guy lays down after getting paid meaning getting paid big money. Are you saying because Brown got paid 1.6 mil he could have laid down? No, at that point he was playing for some real money. My God man Brown got a 17 mil deal over three years. What he was making before was chump change.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It was still his transformation from being a scrub to being a player. Do you think he's going to rest on his laurels now?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Based on that every player is playing after a contract since every player has one. :rolleyes:

Still not sure how a guy getting a $1.6M a year deal compares to AH and the contract he got which was almost 10X bigger per annum. Everybody knows how the league works, play well for a period of time and get a huge deal and the deal Brown just got is an example of that.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yes but the average starting defensive tackle or 3-4 DE makes 3-4X what Brown made in his last contract. Why would he rest on his laurels when he was only 26 and still very much underpaid? He was playing to ultimately make the kind of money he is getting now.

Let's be honest most of us might let down a little of we knew we had $32M in cash coming over a 12 month period not even counting salary.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

You're avoiding the question...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

ok.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No I don't but you can't compare his first real contract for 1.6 mil to one where he now makes 17 mil over 3 years. What is so hard to understand here? If a guy drops off because of lack of motivation it certainly is more likely to happen after he gets the big contract than it would be when his contract earlier doesn't necessarily even mean he is a lock to make the roster next time around if he lays off and doesn't perform. I know this is complicated for some but I think it is crystal clear.

No I don't think he will rest on his laurels but that is besides the point. Now, this year and the next two years will prove how he performs AFTER GETTING PAID. We simply don't know until he does it.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Last season Haynesworth had the highest percentage defeated blocks vs one on one blocking. A higher percentage than in 2007 or 2008.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2010/5/28/1491535/the-case-for-albert-haynesworth

That's according to football outsiders. Hayesworth beat 44.9% of single blocks compared to 29.6% for Vince Wilfork.

The analysis is absolutely correct AH is ideal for a system like ours playing alongside super quick guys like Brown, Haye and Jones.

What DT is better at the point of attack against the run?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Albert Haynesworth contract 2010-2012..

Salary

2010 $3.6M

2011 $5.4M

2012 $6.7M

In 2013 AH gets a bonus of $29M. We wouldn't pay that. That means we would have him for 3 seasons at a reasonable rate of pay until age 31.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar