Haynesworth May Appeal Suspension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: DT Albert Haynesworth, who was given a five game suspension yesterday for stepping on the head of Cowboys C Andre Gurode may appeal the decision in conjunction with the NFL Players Association. Gurode's agent, Kennard McGuire, said his client visited a plastic surgeon on Monday though it was not determined if surgery would be required. Nashville Metro Police informed Gurode he could pursue a criminal action against Haynesworth. The Cowboys indicated that Gurode did not wish to do so, but McGuire said the matter may not be dead. The suspension will cost Haynesworth $190,070 — $38,014 per game. He can return to action for Tennessee's Nov. 19 game at Philadelphia.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I think the Center for the Eagles better lock his chin strap.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

They talked about this on the radio this morning. It will probably be Upshaw who does this. Right or wrong the players union will step up and appeal it.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well I think the suspension should be accepted, but maybe cut the payloss to 70% or something. A $200k fine seems a little too much, imo.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I've always stood up for Albert, but if he appeals this I'll be disappointed. If he is as truly contrite and remorseful as he says, he needs to shut his mouth and pay the piper.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't think Albert will have much input at all, I think the NFLPA is likely to appeal it as a matter of principle.

Think about it, Albert can probably afford to loose $200k, but what about the 3rd or 4th round pick who might get in a similar situation?

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But he isnt getting fined 200k, he is just not getting paid for the games he is suspended for. So a player not making the same type of money Albert is, wouldnt be losing nearly as much either.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No but my point is Albert loses his salary, big deal, he's got a lot of money in bonuses that can't be taken away. A 3rd round pick won't have a lot of bonus money and therefore cutting his salary will hit him much harder.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But that is the point. A player making less money than Albert wouldnt lose as much as Albert. He isnt getting paid because he isnt playing. I have no problem with a player not getting a paycheck for the games they miss because of suspension. If you need the money that bad, then dont get suspended.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Here's a thought: don't stick your foot in other people's faces and keep your money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar