Haynesworth Lowers Weight but Raises Expectations

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: DT Albert Haynesworth arrived to camp last week at 323 pounds which is a major drop from his weight of 359 just two seasons ago. The result is Haynesworth should have less issues with his knees and gain some stamina which sounds great to Defensive Line Coach Jim Washburn who wants Haynesworth in the game for 75-80 percent of the defensive plays. "We're just a bunch of guys without him," Washburn said. "That's the truth. When he's in there really playing, knocking stuff back, he creates problems. There are a lot of things you don't see that the big people do in the NFL. … He makes us good." Haynesworth's goal is to take this season a play at a time. "One play, one game at a time, that's all it is," said Haynesworth. "I used to look at what about next week, there is going to be this and that and then the week after that. Now I'm just going to look forward to one practice, one play."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Graet news for Big Al and the Titans he could really become a difference maker this year if he can stay healthy. His attitude and conditioning during the off season show a new commitment to take his game to a new level. With KVB and Big Al both getting doubled it should really open things up for our other D-linemen and LB's. If they dont double both they will wreak havoc on opposing offenses.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the LBs will gain the most from Big Al taking his game to the next level. I hope our game plan is to use our LBs to attack the backfield and pressure the ball out early. This helps a young secondary.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Easy there fellas. We've been hearing about Haynesworth's breakout year for 3 years in a row now. I'll believe it when I see it. I just want him to stay healthy and go 100% during the season.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

He is a wrecking machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar