Harper Will Start Over Hood Once Healthy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Head coach Jeff Fisher said he would stick with a rule that he has followed since the Houston days -- a player would not lose his job due to injury.

''When Nick is ready to come back and play, Nick is going to play,'' Fisher said. ''As a rule of thumb I don't think it's fair for someone to lose their job due to injury. Rod knows that.''

''Nick is a very good player, a solid player who has made a lot of plays for us.''

In the meantime, Hood will remain the team's starter at right cornerback when the Titans face the Houston Texans on Monday Night Football in Week 11.

Read More

In my opinion, this is a horrible decision. Hood has 3 picks in 3 games and Harper has done nothing but been beat by receivers in the games he has played. I can see the reasoning for "not losing a job while injured", but Hood is the main reason our D is playing so well right now. Take him away and theres a good chance we go back to our old problems.

At least he'll be starting Monday night.

2. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

well...i hope we re sign hood and let go of harper at the end of the season

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Harper is out of contract.

I wonder how Vince Young feels about that "rule"

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Beat me to it.:ha:
    But we have a shady coach, that's why Bud was fliping him off Sunday.:yes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You gotta be kidding me!

6. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I don't agree with Fisher's rule, if the backup is doing good the injured starter should have to earn his job back. It shouldn't just be given to him. Hood has been playing good so far and Harper hasn't done anything, if he can come back and win his job back I'll support him 100% but as of right now i think we should leave Hood in.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Fisher went against his rule last season with Collins after Vince's injury... yet, this?

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Vince Young didn't lose his starting job because of injury. How much longer can we go without acknowledging the truth? How is Jeff Shady? If Jeff thought this Hood was better than Harper he would play him. Truth is Rod Hood has been released more than Lil Wayne mix tapes for a reason. Yes, he had good games against Alex Smith, David Garrard and Trent Edwards. Harper has never been released in a long career and is a better player. And IM A HARPER HATER!

Titans vs 49ers Post game Quote
    Vince Young
    "“We are just going to go out there and play. I am just trying to get the team to get better and better and play with my teammates. I want to earn their confidence back and earn my coach’s confidence."

Why does he want to "earn" their "confidence" back? His teammates and coaches don't trust him not to get hurt again? What happened between the time his teammates and coaches HAD confidence in him and now when he's wanting to earn their confidence back? Can't be his play, I hear all the time he's 21-11.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do tell oh wise one.

nate?

10. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

It's just another example of the Lamont Thompson Syndrome (as it is now known) that Jeff fisher suffers from and is why he refuses to adapt and should be F.I.R.E.D at the end of the season.....Unless of course... he's given the disease to Bud Adams and he decides to stick with a loser at all costs too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar