Hall of Fame for McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #1TitansFan, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I'm one of the biggest Mac fans on this site, but I don't think he is going to the Hall of Fame. How many H.O.F. qb's have not won NFL Championships?
    Off the top of my head I can only think of Jim Kelly.

Hopefully we can pull a New England and win a whole bunch of championships to send Steve out. But after last year, that seems far away indeed.
  2. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

bradshaw won 4 though.
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He needs that ring...

Plain and simple he needs to win it all. Only then would he even get consideration. I don't think he needs mvp type seasons but he needs to remain as a top 10 QB in this league for at least 2 years. That and a super bowl and he could be in. A tall order indeed. It would help to make another pro bowl. Even though he has deserved to go to at least 3 he has only been to one.

Remember the voting for the hall occurs 5 years after retirement so the finer aspects of a career are forgotten. The raw numbers hold more weight and voters will see a QB who is maybe 45th all time in passing yardage and who maybe made just one pro bowl in 13-14 years and that won't do it.
  4. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

I'm with Starkiller on this one. No way.
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He's got to do a lot more the rest of his career before I even consider him a HOF candidate.

Warren Moon isn't in the HOF and has over 20,000 more receiving yards than McNair.
  6. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Warren Moon is a first time ballot this year isnt he?
  7. maximus

maximus Camp Fodder

Really, I never would of thought about that:winker:
    The only way McNair has a chance to make it is if he plays 2 or 3 more years puts up incredible numbers, wins the Super Bowl, and maybe just maybe then he will have a chance at Canton
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

9. danny

danny Guest

McNair's passing and rushing combined with his toughness may get him nominated but unless he doesn't come up with a couple more deep play off runs combined with a minimal Super Bowl appearance, I can't see it this point.
  10. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

McNair has been a great player for much of his career, including an MVP season, but the stats just aren't there for the HOF. He spent too much time in an ultra-conservative offense, and probably too much time injured.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.