Hall of Fame for McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #1TitansFan, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

Could these last two seasons have cost McNair a possible vote into the Hall of Fame some day? Even though his stats were even for the most part of these past two years as the year that he was co-mvp, could his win-loss record for the last two years be a deciding factor on whether he will end up in the Hall some day?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i don't think the last 2 years will have any effect on McNair's trip

3. maximus

maximus Starter

I really dont think McNair will be a Hall of Famer. Small market, only 4-5 years of success, and not amazing stats.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he is in elite company though with the whole lots of yards passing / lots of yards running. he's been one of the true warriors of the game and also one of the most likeable

I agree, I don't see him going to Canton (not first ballot anyway), but who knows ....... the people that vote on that sort of thing likely respect McNair to the highest

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

McNair will go to Canton. Book it!

And yeah, it's because of the respect and the yardage/running combo. They will look at that as a class by itself, and he's fourth on that list. The rest of the bunch is in, and sure they have more, but those stats (you could freeze them now and he'd get it in) and the respect factor will get him in someday.

Book it!

6. 2toneblue77

2toneblue77 Guest

I think if the team can rebound from the last two seasons and McNair leads us to another Super Bowl his stock will rise significantly. The way things have been recently doesn't help his chances of getting in.

7. McNair will never be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Not unless he goes back to putting up MVP-type number again for the nest few years, anyway...

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think he needs to play in another Super Bowl or get another MVP consideration type year.

9. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

No way that McNair is going into the Hall of Fame. His numbers are really not that good, relatively speaking. How many great years has he actually had. Off the top of my head I would say around 3. He has been a good Titan and a fan favorite, but compare him with all the others and he is just not good enough for the hall.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Check out Terry Bradshaw's numbers. A super bowl appearance/win or two will go a long way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar