Griffen gets some respect...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Griffin is definitely not a girly tackler. If anything he is fierce. His problem is that he is a hitter and doesn't wrap up. But to say he girly, umm i must disagree.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Please. Name once when Griffin rocked someone. Just once.

This dude plays like a highschooler scared to hit NFL players. And the last 2 years all he's done is get beaten- though 2 years ago he'd come up with some fluke interception at the end of the game to make everyone forget about him lying down for the other 3 quarters.

I didn't like the guy at first, but then he showed me he could play so I warmed up to him. Then over one off season it seemed like he just quit trying. (some say due to female issues)- Whatever it was, he needs to work it out.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

michael griffin rookie year, he beasted people all day.

now... he sucks, and is about 3 games away from being a bust imo

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I wasn't hating on Griffin at all. Show me where i hated on Him. I said i liked him and that i see Him being our FS for years to come.

What i was implying to, is that Bucky Brooks is horrible in the things he says. If you like him and the things he says or does, you obviously don't know much about him. Come on, who the hell has Suh going 8th to the Raiders? If he thinks that, then he clearly doesn't know football.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

A hit that perfectly describes his problem was against i think the chargers in 07. He cracked a guy and messed up his collar bone in the process.

6. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

As of late he has been tackling like a girl though. There's no debate that last season, (you can blame it on whatever you want) but he looked bad. Poor tackling, failing to read play action, etc.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Griffin had a bad shoulder for most of 2009 and has since received surgery for the injury. That might explain some of his "girly" play in 2009.

8. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I know it's not a big hit type play, but it was awesome when stripped the ball against the Steelers to force overtime in the season opener. Yeah, we ended up losing so it's not as awesome, but still a great play. I am a Griffin fan (see my sig) and I think his shoulder had a lot to do with his less-than-stellar play this season. That and the fact that he was covering for Harper and trying to stop the run a lot more.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He only had a few standout plays this season... One where he sent the season opener to overtime with his tomahawk smack on Hines Ward, causing the fumble.

You've got to remember he's only been in the league for 3 years. He will only continue to get better... at least that's the way I see it. I sure hope he does.

I was doing a search... top 10 safeties... Hope was at 5. Griffin was at 6. Surprised that either made the top 10 to be honest. Nick Collins, Bob Sanders, and Brian Dawkins were all considered to be inferior to Hope and Griffin. Not sure about that. Sanders is injury prone big time, so that may have something to do with it.

EDIT: Didn't even realize the above poster basically said the same thing about the fumble in the season opener. My bad.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

He rocked Reggie Wayne and made him fumble, it was the game we needed to win to get in the playoffs, same game Chris Henry got destroyed on a kick return

He had a tough year, so did our whole defense, I still think hes a good player, hes young, and given the other option was that safety from florida thats on the Jags, cant think of his name at the moment, I think we got the better of the two

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar