Gregg Williams returning as Titans DC?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 22, 2013.

1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan Starter

2. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

3. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Is there any actual reasoning or just speculation?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

They were talking about this possibility on 104.5 this afternoon. Wyatt said he doubts it would happen because Williams "doesn't fit the mold of the type of guys Munch hires" (I guess by that he means Williams is actually competent) and "Williams would overshadow Munch".
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

This is just PK stirring up stuff for a story, no news here.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/46678/blogger-blitz-could-titans-look-at-williams

I think this has real potential. Williams, Gray, Munchak and the Titans ALL benefit from him being brought on board. Now as PK points out, he would most likely get some assistant position- not DC. But we (and Munchak) desperately need his experience. I don't have any doubt that GW has a greater depth and breadth of NFL Defensive knowledge. He also has a SB ring. I believe the players would respond to him.

Some may disagree, but I believe this would be a brilliant move by the organization with very little risk involved. I'd pull the trigger if I was in charge.
  8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Pure clickbait speculation from the same guy who said the Titans should have traded their 2012 first round pick for Dwight Freeney. I started tuning PK out a long time ago.
  9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

So sick of the same people coming back and replacing each other year after year.. I give up if this happens, I just WILL NOT care how bad this team sucks, they refuse to learn.
  10. World Peace

World Peace n/a

i really hope this happens. hes the best coordinator we've ever had in this organization.