Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Gray on defensive risk-taking

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 20, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $84

The thought is that you don't get beat deep. The problem is the player catches underneath and then makes a play to beat you deep. I don't like it.

The players were more like 4 - 6 yards off later last game. I'd like to see a mix of press man with help over top and a softer 4 - 6 cushion with heavy blitzing.
  2. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $84
    Maybe some corner blitzes and Safety blitzes sending Pollard. Something to keep the offense off guard and to disrupt the QB's progressions.
  3. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,394
    We invite them to burn us for 8 yards so they won't burn us for 60.

I think thats how it herrdurr works.
  4. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,405
    Playing 10 yards off works because it will take the team longer to score, therefore they run more plays, therefore it is more likely the QB will fumble the snap and we'll fall on the ball...

*Sarcasm*
    • Tip Jar Donor

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $721
    i love our base prevent defense
  5. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $549
    Gray believes in the 'bend but don't break' philosophy ... surrender a ton of yards in the middle of the field, but try to hold them to FGs when they get into the RZ. Playing to aggressively could lead to big TDs by the offense.

Unfortunately, this philosophy is pretty dumb.
    GoT high fives this.
  6. peterm211 Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $247
    I'm going to apply for the D coordinator job after this season. I got plenty of Madden experience so I think I'll be fine.
    CJtheBeast and JCBRAVE high five this.
  7. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,735
    Ajahajajajahahah
  8. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,735
    Yea I agree with you here, REALLY WHAT THIS ALL MEANS IS JERRY GRAY DOESN'T BELIEVE IN HIS PLAYERS
    GoT high fives this.
  9. SlidePiece Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,309
    I recall him saying, during last season I believe, in so many words that we don't have the talent to play press man. He basically said we weren't talented enough, but as it stands today, Verner and McCourty are still our starting CB's.
    BiscoPhan11 high fives this.