Grade the Titans draft: rounds 4-7

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 24, 2010.

?

Grade the Titans draft: rounds 4-7

Poll closed Apr 28, 2010.
  1. A+

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. A

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. C+

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  8. C

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  9. D

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. F

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I liked the draft. The last day could have gone better. The tradewas terrible; you have to at least try and get a third round pick for LenDale, considering he was top 3 in the league for rushing touchdowns the year before last.

Rolle and Verner are steals, and I'm pretty positive we needed to move up to make sure we get Verner (although I don't approve of how it was done).

Considering we've signed Stafon Johnson and now Blount from Oregon, I can't say that I hated the last day. Overall I think Reinfeldt and Fisher did a pretty good job filling holes in our D.

Yea.. right...but I didn't forget they're rookies. They are obviously unproven in the NFL but are young and talented. That's all you can ask for in the draft

C+

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have to give it a B overall. The Morgan pick is not getting as much love as it should. He was the most proven DE with a 1st round grade. JPP and Graham were hyped way too much. He was the ACC DPOY. He wasn't an undersized guy with a great motor or a flipping one year workout warrior. I have him as the best DE in the draft. And he will be a beast under Wash and will prove he was the best DE in this class.

I was like WTF with the Williams pick at first, but after finding out more about him I love this pick. He was really productive as a WR on a USC team with a young QB and he returns. I'm glad they didn't waste any time addressing the return situation. Then we get a LB like Curran who likes like he can be a beast in his own right too.

The math-magician/CB from UCLA is also a really solid pick. Myron Rolle, I LOVE this pick. The QB was unnecessary, the WR from Montana was unnecessary too. All in all, we did address our biggest areas of need with DE, R, LB, DB.

I was also very very shocked that we didn't take a single OL.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I like Verner & Rolle picks in rounds 4-7. Unless you included the pickups of Johnson & Blount. I didn't like the selections of Robert Johnson, Rusty Smith, or David Howard. Didn't mind the selection of Marc Mariani.

I think the best rounds 4-7 would of been:
    4. Alterraun Verner
    5. Hall Davis
    6a. Myron Rolle
    6b. Dekoda Watson
    7a. LeGarrette Blount
    7b. Zac Robinson

Main Undrafted FA selections: Stafon Johnson, Marc Mariani, Lucien Antoine, Rico McCoy and Kevin Matthews.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why would you draft Blount when he was UDFA?

5. xpmar9x

He's better than Marc Mariani. And at the time of the draft how were the Titans suppose to know he would be undrafted?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because they have a bit of an idea?

Regardless, picks in the 5th, 6th and 7th are nothing to get excited or upset about, they are usually nothing special.

7. xpmar9x

Key word: usually.

There is alot of quality talent that comes from the 5th, 6th, and 7th. These picks matter, you could just waste your pick or draft the next Tom Brady/Cortland Finnegan.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

For every Cortland and Tom there are heaps of backups (which is fine) and cuts. While I hope they all turn out to be stars or on the roster, I don't really expect much...especially with Fisher never playing rookies.

9. xpmar9x

Very true. But you can't just not worry about the picks. You still have that 1% chance of landing a superstar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar