Goodell considering expanding playoffs to 14 or 16 teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 12, 2012.

1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

A team would kill in Vegas.
  2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

So.. they want to get rid of kickoffs.

They might as well get rid of punts too. You can't have a punt return without "holding" or "block in the back" on every ****ing punt. It's completely useless to try and return a punt, save 10 yards by fair catching everything. So ****ing stupid.
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Yeah right. Can you imagine Kenny Britt living in Vegas. He gets in trouble in NASHVILLE.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Worst thing to ever happen to football.
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

I for one will probably just stop watching when it becomes flag football - which it is quickly becomming.

Football without big hits is not football
  6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I said a team would kill. Put a stadium right off the strip(Sam Boyd is way too far from the city). There would be a lot of players getting in trouble though. But the city would undoubtedly support a team.
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Really? I see the opposite. Who goes to Las Vegas: tourists. How many of the actual residents would adopt that team?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. BiscoMettShow

BiscoMettShow Starter

Vegas has been hit harder by the recession than just about anyone. Except Detroit.
  9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I can verify this, I visited a friend that lives 10 mins away from Vegas in the summer and the job market was weak, a ton of foreclosures, and banks driving housing value down. Nashville has a higher population than Vegas by the way, and our market is growing, Vegas is shrinking.
  10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Rodge is definitely 'pu**ifying' the sport - but I'm not really sure he's got a choice, the NFL could easily disappear under a slew of lawsuits if it was kept the way it was under Paul.

I would definitely prefer a somewhat 'reduced' NFL, if you will, then to no NFL. But with regards to the word 'reduced' its got limits - by talking about removing kickoffs and such, that's just too much.

I feel the way it is now is fine. They removed all those helmet hits, defenseless player hits, huge blind-sight blocks, I won't lie, in the end it made sense.

I mean those hits were awesome but it got the point where they really were destroying humans, both their bodies and their minds.