Glenn Dorsey is over rated.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Alright, disagree with me on LSU as a team, but Dorsey is about the most over rated player in years. He did nothing in the championship game either, but even in other games he's never really impressed me.
    He's always the last guy to the ball. I know, he gets double teamed, but still, half the time they credit him with an assist once he falls on an already tackled player.

In the champ game, #92 made a great play and tackled Beanie Wells for a loss, and the commentators gave the credit to who? Glenn Dorsey. A guy that wasn't even involved. #92 was celebrating, players patting him on the back, etc, and the commentators don't even mention his name.

I'm sure Dorsey will be a solid DT in the NFL. He'll be good. He just wont be great. He's not near as dominant as people pretend he is.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree. The times I've watched him play he had good quickness and looked like a decent player but in no way do I see him as a huge impact player in the NFL and no way would I draft him in the top 10 or even 15.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Admittedly he's no Alan Branch or Gabe Watson.........

Actually, I can't believe it, but I agree too. I think Sedric Ellis is the best Defensive Lineman in College football and would be the player at the top of my draft board. I know Dorsey has battled through injuries this year, but I have never been blown away with his play.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Of course, because he's in the SEC, and the SEC is terrible, and overrated, and blah blah blah...

I actually agree with you about Dorsey, but how predictable was this thread? I don't mean to bash you here, and you really were making a valid point, but it's hard to listen to without hearing your point of view from other threads. If you once or twice said something good about an SEC team or player, or said something bad about another conference, you keep a little more credibility.

I know that sounds too harsh, but I didn't know how else to say it.

5. Deuce Wayne

I don't pick SEC players to bash. I could not care less about conferences. I don't have a conference bias, and I think people that have pride in their conference are just losers that want to feel part of something other than their losing team.
    Like, once the titans lose I dont sit at home watching the Colts or Jags saying things like 'YEAH! AFC SOUTH! Best division in football! VICTORY!'. It just doesn't make any sense.

I think McFadden is terribly over rated too, but other than those 2, I don't have any beef with any SEC players.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You spend most of your time discussing how "everyone" around here has an SEC bias, and you're the only one who can see the light because you aren't biased. However, you don't argue the points most of the time, you just make that blanket claim, and walk away. Yet you're still the one arguing against the SEC constantly. I see more criticism of the SEC from you than I see other fan promoting it (unless it's in response). I'm just saying, the way you go about these things effects my ability to take your more reasonable arguments seriously. At least admit that you might be affected by an anti-sec bias... you don't think you're biased towards michigan? Most people are biased in some ways. At least make arguments, rather than claiming that everyone else is blind and you're the only one who can see the Truth.

7. Deuce Wayne

I am biased toward Michigan. Not toward the Big 10 though. Like I said, I'm not an AFC South fan. I'm a titans fan. Not a Big 10 fan, but a UM fan. As this year, Michigan played in the Big 10 champ game, but it didn't mean anything to me if they'd won, because they were a bad team this year. Once you're done for the season, you're done. There's no importance in the Capital One bowl, the Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl, etc. Just as being the AFC/NFC runner-ups is a failure. Some people try to connect themselves with a conference so in a way they feel like they still win in the end when their team lost.

Now, yes, I do have an anti-SEC bias. But understand why. When the media seems to have some sort of conspiracy going to constantly rate them miles above other conferences as if they're more talented, it gets a bit tired.
    I have no problem admitting they're usually the best conference, or the most solid top to bottom. But to say they're better by a large margin? No. To say they're faster? Lord no. To say they're more talented? Not even close.

So, yeah. I'm at war with the SEC, but mostly due to the media over-hyping them, and the fans buying in to ESPN's SEC hype.
    This link: http://www.staugustine.com/stories/011008/sports_txt5_027.shtml

says what I've basically been trying to say. I'm doing my own article, to go further in depth about it than this guy did, but he basically touched one part of it that needed to be exposed, which was the talent lie.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Gloat is on a mission ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar