Gameball Monday: Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: A gameball is given each week to a player on offense, defense and special teams for every Titans victory.

Offense
    Kerry Collins
    25 for 42 for 280 yards passing. 79.5 passer rating

A year ago, who would have ever thought Collins would be named the offensive player of the game? Collins' numbers were not gaudy but he made a number of excellent throws yesterday including a clutch 46-yard pass with less than a minute left in the game.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

I belive Rob B. deserves the Offense game ball as well.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Now that the dust has settled a bit, there were several positives to this game. The negatives were obvious, and we'll talk about those all week, I'm sure. Here's the good:

1) The depth is beginning to pay off. Chris Henry filled in nicely as a change-up back. Collins showed he can get it done. Griffin is absolutely tearing it up on special teams, while he waits for his inevitable shot to take his place on D. We put up 280 yards in the air without our #1 receiver.

2) The receivers are starting to shine. Roydell and Gage have made some clutch grabs recently. Gage let 1 get away from him yesterday, but overall - those 2 guys are getting it done when we need it most. I expected great things from Williams this year, but Gage is becoming a pleasant surprise.

3) Allowed 39 yards rushing. Since the bye we've allowed 49, 30, and 39 on the ground... and on the year we're averaging just 59 per game. As the temperature begins to drop that will pay off more and more.

4) 6 turnovers. On any other day that would be the highlight number. The downside is that on at least 2 of the Texan's huge pass plays, the DBs got burned trying to pick it off instead of knocking it down. Exhibit A:

[​IMG]
    Lowry's had some good games, but what the heck was he thinking there... That was the go-ahead TD.

5) 4-2. Just like the 6 turnovers had a downside - the ugly play the last 3 weeks has an upside... we're 2-1 in 3 games where we played poorly enough to lose. Every team goes through down games - the better teams still win their down games.

EDIT 6) How did I leave Bironas off there??? 8-8 is a stat you never want to see again, but it's very nice to know you have a kicker like that...

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Give Kerry collins a game ball he deserve it!! Dude still got a cannon on him i wish he was a bit more mobile on the pocket but who cares way to go Collins, you got my respect sticking out your face for us you go man!!!!

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

5) We're 4-2 having played 4 of our first 6 on the road. Now it's time to make a few of those up at home.

6) Yes, it is nice to know you have a PK that is accurate enough to hit EIGHT OF EIGHT!!

Also, 6 down 4 to go till Pacman??

6. DaCrackDeala

DaCrackDeala Guest

Nice post.

I want to see more of the Beast each week. Now that Brown is hurt I hope this happens more. I still believe LenFat will never be a #1 back in his condition.

And yes, Griffin is a stud on special teams. He makes me want to watch every return.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

This is hogwash. Bironas deserves this one. If Collins was deserving of this award, Bironas would have never been close to the record he broke!!!!!

8. teegee

teegee Guest

Bironas gets the special teams award, doesn't he?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yes. He plays special teams. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar