Game 9 Preview: Baltimore Ravens at Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The long rivalry between former AFC Central opponents resumes Sunday as the Baltimore Ravens visit Tennessee. Although the AFC Central was disbanded in the 2002 realignment, the teams have maintained the rivalry with three games since then, splitting two regular season contests. The Titans won 20-17 at Baltimore in the 2003 playoffs.

Steve McNair, who led the Titans to a Super Bowl and won league co-MVP honors, will be cheered as he leads the 6-2 Ravens onto LP Field Sunday. The 6-2 start is a first in Ravens history, with the latest win a 26-20 victory over the Bengals, giving them a two-game lead in the AFC North.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001844.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Brian Billick, the coach Tennessee fans love to hate, has fired Jim Fassel and assumed the offensive coordinator duties. The offense has improved somewhat in the two games since, but this team remains all about the defense.{front page}

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/ravens/2006-10-17-fassel-fired_x.htm?csp=34

funny how talk of firing JS was just conceding the season...

yet their "offensive genius" fires his coordinators... in mid stride?

Some "defensive genius" Fisher looks like by comparison.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher endorses everything Schwartz is doing.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Many would argue that Schwartz totally sucks. Others might say that Schwartz is bringing Coach Fisher down to the point where it will cost Coach Fisher a new contract with the Titans. Even others go as far, now that it has been this bad for so long... that widespread changes are in order including the removal of Coach Fisher. To some fans here Coach Fisher is like a first wife. I've never had a HC apart from Fisher as the HC of my Tennessee Titans. These are not my Dad's Oilers to me. I mean the sentimentality for Coach Fisher is off the charts. We live in a homer fall out area. Everyone is infected with radioactive fisher love. I'm going to go back to eating my soylent green now.

Jeff... makes me sad to see that Coach Fisher endorses losing.

I have a hunch we are going to lose another one this Sunday.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That's great. Let's all endorse 11 wins in the last 2 and 1/2 years. Everything is fine. Let's all endorse a defense ranking near the bottom in every statistical category. It's a talent issue- really it is.

Hey it's fun to lose. At least you pretty much know the outcome of the game. Browns fans, Cardinals fans, Lions fans- I want to feel as numb as they do every weekend.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

this will help you get there.

[​IMG]

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And Billick didn't endorse Fassel while he was there??

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Apparently not because he fired his arse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar