Funniest Person Ever

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by titans92790, Feb 11, 2014.

?
  1. Will Ferrell

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Adam Sandler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Daniel Tosh

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Dave Chappelle

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Richard Pryor

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Eddie Murphy

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. Steve Carell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chris Rock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Chris Farley

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Vince Vaughn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Other

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Ricky in the court room I think was the best ever

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

This is too hard a question to answer with one solid candidate. Mitch Hedberg had some really funny stand up, I loved his CDs, but some of his stuff fell really flat. He should not even be in the conversation, IMO. He was a very "different" comedian though, and one that can't be replicated.

One of my favorite standup CDs was Harland Williams Har-Larious. really off the wall, childish humor, but the guy is just silly. I wouldn't expect anyone to put him on any top list, though.

Farley would be in my top 5.

I guess humor is so subjective, that there is no real way to say a best.. like the best musician in the world, just impossible.

I have a friend that thinks "who's on first" is just comedy gold.. it is not even kind of funny, it's more clever than laugh out loud funny, IMO.

I have a good friend who showed me Eddie Izzard stand up. Extremely unfunny.

I watched This is the End, and thought it was the worst movie I'd ever seen. Some people call it comedy gold.

Adam Sandler.. not even close. He has been horrible for years.
    Vaughn.. not even close.
    Tosh is VERY funny on his show when he gets to make fun of idiots. But on his own, he just relies too much on shock humor. A well placed vulgarity is super funny, but overload is overload.

A lot of people love Animal House. The movie just was not entertaining to me.
    It's too much perspective to give a good, solid answer.

And almost nobody can be consistent for decades. Sandler fell off big time after the 90s.
    Farley, belushi, candy, kinison, a million others, died too early to really solidify a spot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Titans Eternal.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I love the old Lucius Tate prank calls and old truckstop Gene Tracy stuff..
    The Kids in the Hall were genius in their day..

There is a Star Trek NextGen version of "Who's on First" that is absolutely great, but A&C were not funny at all. The Three Stooges kicked their asses all day long.
    I will Moe, Curly and Larry would have been the ones to be in a movie with all the Universal Monsters instead of Bud and Lou..

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Very tough, can never not be biased and are we talking about stand up or just in general?

Deuce touched on a lot of what I was going to post and I agree with his rankings for the most part. Louis CK is probably my favorite right now, the early stuff from Zach Galifinakis (sp? whatever) is hilarious, I love Pryor and Murphy, Bo is one of my favorite young guys right now he's funny and provides a lot of entertainment, even though I think Kevin Hart is a bit overrated he's still one of the funniest and biggest guys out there right now (great live too), and Ricky Gervais is a brilliant comedian.

6. nickmsmith

Honestly, Hal (Cranston) in Malcolm in the Middle, and Al Bundy are my two funniest characters on TV. I would like to see Cranston in more comedic roles, because he is great as the "Wuss" type of character.

Not that I would want to see either's stand-up show. Funniness is judged in so many different ways. Stand-up has to be the hardest, because you have no help (unless you are Jeff Dunham)

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Major disagreement here, which I mean, everyone has their own opinion so not like I'm saying you're wrong. I loved This is the End, the deleted scenes were some of the funniest I've seen from any movie.

Tosh I feel the opposite about, his stand up before he hit it big with his show was really funny I thought and anyone can make jokes when watching youtube clips.

Animal House is a classic.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

A lot of my faves have been mentioned, Burr, Patrice (RIP), Louis, Chappelle, Rock etc.

I also really enjoy Paul F Tompkins, Jon Daly, Tim Minchin, Jim Jeffries, and the amazing Maria Bamford (I can't get enough of this bizarre woman).

Old school... Peter Sellers was the ****

9. nickmsmith

Sorry to every bystander, because I've discussed my hatred for this movie on many movie threads...

But I wish I could go back and unwatch that movie. There are not many movies I've ever seen like that.
    It's not that I'm being prudish about the religious references.. just the movie was so completely arrogant and dull, that I get depressed even thinking about it. I did not hate Jonah Hill before this movie. I do now. I just feel like an utter moron for putting out money to see this garbage, high budget home movie, of some self-congratulatory funnymen. I kept holding on in the theater for some potential.. but there was none. There were a few laughs, but so much horrible squeezed into those few hours, that it is not redeemable. It makes me pretty much hate everyone involved.

The ending was so horrible and unfunny that I wanted to puke. I didn't like Pineapple express that much, but it was watchable.. But no movie has ever made me want to gouge my eyes out with an ice cream scoop, like This is the End did.

Another thing I hate about, is that it tries to paint everyone who hates the movie into the "religious nuts who are offended" category. No. It was just a shameful movie.. and I am not a film snob, nor do I have high standards for these actors.

The IMDB was so high on it, and so were people's opinions.. but GOD, was that ever a horrible movie. Finally see that it has come back down to a (still too high) 6.9 or so.

Who the F did these people blow to become megastars? Who gave Seth Rogen the reigns on something like this? I feel like I was rickrolled out of 10 dollars to see the thing. Honestly would rather pay for 2 hours of Rick Astley videos on the big screen.

I get it.. the ejaculation joke was funny for the first 30 seconds. The other 3 minutes of it was overkill.

I would rather pay someone 10 bucks to kick me in the shin, than have to go sit through this in theaters again.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I love Peter Sellers as well, but I think today's Tosh.0 cultured comedy fan would miss the joke - entirely. The funniest people to me are the ones who can riff and wisecrack in a cool fashion without sitting around waiting on the laughter, like they are entertaining two conversations in a room - one for the people who get it and one for those that don't..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar