Fullback scheduled to visit Titans Friday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 5, 2013.

1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Get this guy now. He's a great fullback, probably Top-7 in the league. He would be a huge upgrade over Quinn Johnson. He's also a decent receiver, had 13 rec, 126 yards, 2 TDs... more than I worst trust Quinn to do. I also know that he plays special teams and had a huge hit on Kyle Williams (49ers) last year, couldn't find a video :-(
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Best part is 2:19

But yeah want this guy who else do you see on offense as a leader?
  3. rodgev

rodgev Starter

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

Another Seahawk? Hope he's better than the past few......
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

plz sign him
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

The Quinn Johnson injury could be an issue. We don't want to have to pay Quinn for the full year, but if he is on the roster for the 1st game then his salary is guaranteed. If we cut him now, then he might claim an injury settlement. If Quinn is healthy then I would cut him right before the game and pull Mooney up to play against the Steelers. Then sign Robinson on Sunday after the game.
  7. RazorbackTitans

RazorbackTitans Starter

I should have used a little :p emoticon or something for context. As in, "They still use fullbacks in football? :p "
  8. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

Agreed.I'd gladly put Quinn Johnson to the curb he isn't that good and get Robinson signed.
  9. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Yea I tend to think Robinson would be the best bet here.

Very able to become that check down underneath that locker will get acclimated with. Add in the leadership qualities (something that is very underrated IMO) and you have two very good traits to add to the powder blue.

Johnson was a hinderance IMO. You could only do so much with him and packages. Robinson instantly upgrades both aspects of the offense. Run game, pass game, ability to hide intentions as well as leadership qualities.
    • High Five High Five x 1