From 13-3 to 0-3

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

If the British are smart they will stay away because the sky is falling.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Losing to three AFC teams would make it difficult but 10 wins would get the Titans a wildcard spot.

3. iQon

iQon Starter

The year Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl, I remember us beating Philly week 1, losing 4 straight, then they only lost to Oakland and finished 11-5.

Last year, we start 10-0, hottest team in the league until the Jets played us. (10-0 is hotter than 2-0) If Rosenfels slides, Indy definitely has no momentum to end the season. Instead, they string up 9 straight wins and nearly won the division with 12 wins.

You're telling me, at 0-3, we can't string off a 8+ winning streak? Season is far from over and I still don't think we're better than Indy without Dungy, their old OC, Harrison, and maybe even Gonzalez for the first game. We'll be fine.

4. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

The season is far from over I say we go down and beat the Jets pretty bad on Sunday I think you are going to see a fired up emotional team. With something to prove I say we beat them 24-10 breaking up there unbeaten streak. This is a good team we lost by 6 points to one very good team and one decent team.:grrhee:

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea we need to treat this game as if its our last, otherwise it might as well have been. Chasing the Colts three games down is tough.

If we miss the playoffs it'll ultimately fall on Fisher. He's the one choosing to allow Collins to control the game, he's the one that appointed Cecil as the new defensive coordinator, and he should be the one fired if anyone. Two games into the season I'd say it's too early to kill Cecil, but two losses at the helm of Collins and I'd say bench him. 0-2 I wouldn't think to fire one of the leagues best coaches, but something needs to change. And it should be how much we let Collins throw the ball, especially in the 4th quarter. On paper Kerry Collins is good, but watching him has been bad. Yes we upgraded the weapons, and yes Collins should be better with a year starting under his belt, but no that doesn't mean he's great. 30+ attempts is way to many for this bunch in Tennessee. We defiantly should be running the ball more, waaaaay more. In fact I know its boring but I want to see 40+ rushes this Sunday. Or else were in trouble.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

A loss would put us in a bad hole - and pretty much make the wild card our only realistic hope. But if I'm being honest, while the Titans are not as good as they should be given the talent on the team, they aren't as bad as it feels like they are after 2 tough losses.

Fisher will have them settled down this week, and stress everyone playing their own responsibility. That's how this team has "overachieved" in the past and it's how they will dig themselves out of 0-2.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

A loss would force a change on the team imo, so really a loss could be doing us a favor.

going 0-3 with the talent we have is not going to fly with Bud Adams. Fisher is out of excuses to lose.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'd rather win the game. :wink2:

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Wow, i actually agree. Don't get used to it.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar