Training Camp Friday, August 1

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

PKs take:

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/8162/titans-camp-report-day-7

I was there. My impressions:

1. QBS- we are in trouble. Whitehurst looked the best. Locker's passes wobbly and he was inaccurate when being hurried. He struggled going through his progressions. Mett passes tight and accurate in drills but horrible in scrimmage. Wilson won't make the team. He was bad all around.

2. RBS- sankey is for real. Quick steps runs with great form and vision. I was surprised by Washington's lower body strength. He's not as fast appearing as he was 3 years ago but who is. Greene looked fat and slow. Edwards looked quick and powerful and was about 50:50 on finding the seams/holes. Potential there if he continues to adjust to the game. I saw mccluster early but then I didn't see him during scrimmages. I don't think he was hurt I just never saw him after a few drills.

3. WRS- I'll admit it I was impressed as hell with Hunter. He was TERRIFIC! Straight line fast, quick out of his breaks and smooth as buttermilk throughout. Caught several balls with acrobatic extensions and adjusted well to the ball. This guy is for real and will make a ton of plays this year. wight looked smooth and consistent. He also looks less chubby than last year. Washington was same. Mariano looks great also. He made several great catches, looked good in routes. Only one drop I saw on an extension. Preston should make team he looked fast, smooth and sure-handed. Only other WR that looked good was Julian Horton. This guy hustles, and gets to ball with his legs well. He catches with his hands and he doesn't give up on ANY ball you can tell he is playing on the bubble but my impression was that he hustles all the time.

4. TES - DW is strong and looks like Wesley Snipes. He made more good catches than before with less drops, though he had one. Thompson is HUGE and VERY athletic. He some nice grabs and no drops that I saw. I didn't any red zone balls to him which was disappointing. Stephens was blocking well and caught the only ball I saw yo him in the middle. Sheckler?(#84) was the only other TE that stood out. Solid yesterday but played at rookie pace.

5. OL- Schwenke strong smooth good footwork. Lewan is the most athletic of our OL. He was playing LG. Warnacks belly is much smaller and more firm than last year. There were several plays where the snap was not clean and/ the interior rush smothered the play. I am concerned that our interior OL needs improvement or we're screwed. Nothing remarkable I saw in OT play.

6. DL- pituo.... Was at NT looked to be a block gobbling force. A disproportionate of interior plays were stuffed. Without replay I couldn't tell if our interior OL was poor or D was good. I'm concerned. Nothing else stood out. Casey was at DE.

7. LBs- Wimbley and Morgan both making plays with pass rush but O was having their way with passes to the flats. ayers, brown nothing stood out. McCarthy was playing with the 2s. No big plays but he was in position on the runs.

8. DBs- pollard running his mouth. McCourty impressed with his closing speed on a ball that was well placed to Preston. Griffin looked good in coverage. Tommie Cambell wuss beat on EVERY play. His body language tells me he has mailed it in. I don't see ANY way he makes the team. Wooten made a nice extended pick on a poorly thrown deep SLGO ball by Mett

Overall there was a good crowd there on a reasonably cool and cloudy day. Talked to Amie Wells, Blaine Bishop, kuharsky, and zone radio guy. Did not get over to speak with Mike Keith or bullock.

My total impression of the day us that I'm less enthusiastic than I was. It's early still, but we HAVE to have our OL play better than what I saw. There were fewer balls hitting the turf in drills, so that was encouraging about our WR/TE play. It definitely was NOT due to our DRAFTED QBs. We have a lot to clean up or we are looking at a 5 win season.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Damn that is disappointing bro...Nice breakdown. The line play isn't worrying me yet, mainly because it's early and they are still trying to figure out where everyone is going etc. It takes time to gel. What worries me per your summary the most, is the QB play and LB's getting smoked in the flats. That is a big big problem on both sides of the ball. Greene is and has been terrible...We are rebuilding. IMO, if Sankey, DMC, and Andrews can at least play equally, he's gotta go. He is slow, and beat up. Here is hoping we clean up the rust a bit, and http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=SVoEb5Rm5eocheers to the wideouts!

3. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Do you mean Andrews instead of Edwards? Just wondering, cause I'm not familiar with the Edwards guy.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Edwards is a DE, I think he means Andrews.

And I got distracted by the Wesley Snipes comment

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah I mean Antonio Andrews. Brain fart.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I was going for Andrews, my bad hahahaha.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Snipes comment is hilarious...haha. I do think Sankey, Andrews, DMC would be fine. Shonn Greene showing up all fat and slow isn't encouraging, nor is the play of the LB's considering how much they have invested with drafts and FA the past few years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I have to wonder that in early stages of TC, do OL and DL players really go 100%?

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Wow, I completely forgot about the DE Lavar Edwards though. I wonder what position they have him.

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Paul seemed to indirectly think this practice was not as good as well. Hopefully we can chaulk it up to an end of the week practice with the lack of enthusiasm involved.

I am getting more and more excited about what Hunter can do this year.

Hopefully there will be plenty of "I told you so" 's from me to the crowd who had him labeled as a bust this time last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar