Freeney Hits the FA Market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by madeupdreams, Feb 15, 2013.

1. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I bid 5yr/75m

Omg I would love to get him. I don't care if he is getting old.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol. Crazy TE. I remember when you said "I WANT DOOLEY" in one of your posts and I burst out laughing. I even stole your material at a game and acted like a drunk, redneck retard screaming "I want Dooley!!!" Haha definitely got some strange looks.

As for Freeney... I'm down, but it would have to be a 3 year max deal and no more than $15mil total. In other words, there's no way it happens.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

If we were going to go after a veteran DE, I'd prefer it to be Osi. However, they've got a lot invested in Wimbley, I just can't see them putting even more money in the DE position via higher end free agency aquisitions. But the draft could be a different story altogether.
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Unlikely. Although we do like former Colts haha
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I guess in a perfect world you always draft a DE in the first round no matter what so you always have a rotation of DE studs that you can let walk when its time to pay up. Wouldn't it be awesome if the Titans had that luxury?
  7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

The guy is about to turn 33 on the 19th (great bday gift from the colts). He played in 14 games last year and had 5 sacks.

I think he is passed his prime, we can get the same production from a younger and cheaper player.
  8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Again, just like with George Wilson, 1 year, 1 million...nothing more.
  9. steverife

steverife Starter

He had 12 tackles last year. He hasn't had over 29 tackles in a year since 2005.

Wimbley has our one dimensional overrated speed rusher spot on lock!
  10. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

I'd prefer to not have any 30+ guys on big contract (even if for 1 yr). There is a fascination with these guys because people rememeber when then could play. But that is a memory. Now certainly if any team could get a home town discount and justify keeping him foir another year or so it would be the COlts and they are dumping him. I don't want guys like this taking up roster spots either. And finally, right now Wimbeley is as good of a pas rusher, Morgan and Ayers are better.
    • High Five High Five x 2