Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by AH3, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Miles Austin FTW!

Oh and Dumervil!!

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Agreed, and then draft DL.

However, with an uncapped season coming up watch out for the Redskins to become a black hole for any decent free agent.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So we shouldn't sign former Colt players because they eventually get old and can't play anymore?

Brilliant. Harper was an outstanding signing as was Thornton. Thornton played at a super high level and Harper was solid. Sure those guys are getting old and it might be time to ove on but if a guy like Brackett could come in and play at the same level Thornton did I'd bring him in in a second. Jake Scott has been decent but he isn't getting paid like a pro-bowler either. That is the FA the Titans like. Solid players at decent prices. A good strategy IMO.

4. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Considering it could be an uncapped year I would try to extend all our future free agents this year. We could work the language of the contracts so that the cap hit would be biggest this year and the latter parts of the contracts would be cap friendly.

This is all assuming that Bud would be OK with taking the risk of paying someone mostly upfront.

Re-sign Brown

Re-sign Tulloch as long as its a reasonable deal. If not I would look at Kirk Morrison or Barrett Ruud both would be upgrades over Steven and would not have to leave the field on passing downs thus increasing their value tremendously.

Extend Leroy Harris now before he gets expensive

Extend Chris Johnson now!~!~!

Re-sign Alge (yeah he is old but were not going to go into the season with only Stevens and Cook)

I agree with Gunny, we should aggressively target Dunta Robinson as our number one pickup. Despite a sub-par year, he made great strides in coming back from his knee injury from a couple of years ago. This really was his first full year back. If his asking price is too high I would not mind either Tramon Williams or Richard Marshall. Add Lito Sheppard to the list if he gets cut(looks likely). Will Blackmon would be worth a look if fully recovered from his knee injury.

I would also like to be in the running at least for Julius Peppers. I'm ok if we don't end up signing him but at least attempt to address a need. He is now 30 and will be slowing down soon but is still in his prime and has at least another 3 good years left in him.

Aaron Kampman would also be a wildcard. He's injured and looked lost all season but will be worth a look if he can rehab strongly this off-season.

Just say no to Dumervil. While I like the kid, he is only a pass rusher and gets absolutely KILLED on rushing plays. They basically just run exclusively to his side. Situational pass rusher at best on a good defense.

I bolded or underlined the more important moves.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Trade up to get MT. Cody!! Our problems start with the DLine. If we don't correct that, it doesn't matter who we have in the secondary. I don't know any other possible DTs besides Wilfork who plays NT in the 3-4...heck, switch to a 3-4 and go after Wilfork and let Jason Jones be a DE, Hayes and Ford as OLBs?? I like the sound of this already.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Probably wouldn't have to trade up for Cody. He's projected Mid/Late 1st round mostly because of stamina issues.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Does anybody know when the free agency period officially begins? Im 80% it's after the draft; which I never really understood.

8. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I always thought it was before the draft. I wasn't sure though, so I checked it and this site confirmed it: http://www.askthecommish.com/freeagency/faq.asp. It also has some other good information about how free agency works, which I admit I'm no expert on.

9. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

we should go after Carlos Rogers, Dunta Robinson, or Trae Williams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar