Fox Sports: Titans Have NFL's Worst Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well, dang...I was having a nice day up until now. :irked:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Slackmaster..

Travis henry negotiated a lessor contract, had a great year and then the titans didn't want to pay his bonus. Had the titans never renegotiated a new deal and did nothing he would still be a titan for about $3M a year with 2 years still left.

Henry owed us nothing and did what was in his best interests. What he did was smart.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Henry owed the Titans nothing. The Titans owed Henry nothing.

Things worked out well for both sides, IMO.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:whoop: o no! what am I gonna do? some peckerwood with a blog said we aren't going to win squat! help me rhonda!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What we should have done..

1. Sign wade to a 5 year $15M contract before the free agent period starts. That was wade's deal with the vikes. Wade is still young and would have been nice to have as a return man. WR problem now less of a problem with wade back long term.

2. Give henry his bonus. I agree with jeff that nobody owed anybody anything in spirit but the titans put that bonus there as incentive for him to play well. He plays well and they don't pay it. By paying it the cap hit still isn't bad because the rest of his contract is for backup type money, RB problem, nonexistant.

3. Sign tim rattay first. With rattay we have our #2 QB and have no need to sign kerry collins.

4. Sign a DT like scott or eason to make up for the loss of robaire. Would have cost half what robaire cost to cleveland.

5. Sign harper.

6. Sign gage.

7. Sign scott.

8 Sign flowler.

9. Sign moulds.

Almost all our problems are gone right? Before the draft. No RB needs, no WR needs and we get a corner to fill for pacman. Wade helps as return man.

Draft rd 1..trade down and get greg olsen another big time weopan for vince.

Draft rd 2 trade up and get houston or maybe one of the WRs like rice or jarrett.

The rest of the draft is fine but probably we don't draft 3 Wrs but just 2 and i would have taken a chance on troy smith in rd 5. The difference between the draft in this scenario is that of the one we had is that there is no compelling reason to take players at a certain position because we are not desperate.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bipolar..

Amazingly i agree with you. Everyone gets all bent out of shape just because some talking head has an opinion they don't like. Either they want to argue with the guy or else they are afraid he is right.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

First I agree.

Second I expect Mike "I got a plan. No really I do." Reinfield to Not come to an agreement and really, really be sorry about it come next Janurary. Really he will be I am certain.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

GoT..

Funny how you are schwartz's biggest critic but think enough of fisher to want him signed to a long term deal.

Is that a contradiction? Fisher is why schwartz is there. On another board a couple of sharp posters suggested that fisher was worth not keeping if it means finally getting rid of schwartz.

As to the negotiations none of us know what both sides want. If fisher is asking for top 5 money and a 7 year deal it would make perfect sense why he isn't getting it. He's not that good.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

That would be good (except I would have rather traded up for Willis than what you have), but our FO is incompetent. Hindsight is 20-20 I guess, but still, in all of these cases, it seemed like a no brainer even at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar