Fox Sports: Titans Have NFL's Worst Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/21/fox-sports-titans-have-nfls-worst-offseason/

"Are they in better shape than they were in January? Absolutely not. If Jeff Fisher can generate six wins out of this team in '07, it will be looked at as a job very well done."

Are these not the same people who said we would suck last year? And then we went 8-8. I know we haven't been very active this offseason but can everybody please give these players a freakin chance.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i would say the packers had the worst offseason, but we're pretty close.

3. DJB

DJB Starter

I don't see how anyone can say one team had a bad offseason or made a bad pick untill they actually see some sort of result. Like they say... "thats why they play the games"

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Travis Henry showed no gratitude for being given a second chance.
    He took the money and ran.
    Good riddance.

Bennett is not worth his Rams signing bonus.

Wade should have been given a fair offer. But what is done is done.

Not extending Fisher may be the worst aspect of the off-season. if that doesn't get handled by the opening game, then I will wonder what is going on.

I don't care about "big name signing." I want to see the draft produce players.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's not about big name signings. Everyone wants to bring that up when people bash our off-season. "sorry we didn't go out and overpay for mediocre big names".
    Our main problem is that we lost a couple of our very few key players. Our best all around player is gone. Vince struggled passing and we let his only 2 targets go.
    It might still pan out, but at the moment this offseason shouldn't get anyone's hopes up.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Seriously, folks, read that again....what the hell kind of journalism is that?? There are three vague factoids, and the rest is inflammatory cynical opinion. It's no even long enough to be an article!

File 13 with this one, please.

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

When do they have the "off-season" playoffs?

8. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

give these young guys a chance, everybody's knocking us just because we lost a couple guys and didn't sign any big names. It isn't like we lost a real superstar, nothign against bennett, henry and wade, but honestly. all these young guys have a lot to prove and i think they just might

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Fox sports, it's very close to "fox news", which is just an oxymoron.

We'll see who had the worst offseason when the season actually starts.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

But won't it be too late then?
    We knew where are problems were and we did very little to fix them. I'm speaking of our WRs and our RBs. Turning loose of Bennett was no big deal but loosing Travis was.
    It seems we paid alot more attention to the defensive side of the ball than we did the offense. I don't hear anyone talking bad about our defense, just our offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar