Fox mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was surprised to see Hodge the last pick in the 2nd.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think we need a linebacker more than safety. Is Ko Simpson really that good? Would anyone else here take him if available?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Ko Simpson will go late-1st

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't think we'll pass on Hodge or Jackson if they're there. They've (Fisher or Floyd, whichever one it was) mentioned that they want to improve our speed at linebacker, and Hodge or Jackson would do that. If he falls, I'd rather have Bobby Carpenter and move Sirmon to the inside. From what I heard, the coaches have been high on Vincent Fuller, so we'll probably see Thompson and Fuller at the safeties next year.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm not impressed with Ko Simpson. He wasn't as productive as Lamont or Tank in college, I don't expect him to be more productive at the next level.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Drew Bennett wasn't a very good WR in college
    Curtis Enis was a pretty good runner in college

see where I'm going with this ?

keep in mind that Ko is a true SOPHMORE
    so he has a learning curve
    but he's a ballhawk and runs a 4.45 and he's 6'1"

i'll go out on a limb ...... if he's there when we pick in the 2nd - I'd grab him

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Puck, Lamont Thompson set the NCAA record with all-time interceptions, ran a 4.48 40 at 228 lbs and played in a pass oriented conference. Ko Simpson, is a true sophomore, hasn't played against a good number of throwing QBs with the exception of Clemson's Whitehurst and maybe Chris Leak. If you've seen him play, he plays near the line of scrimmage more than he plays in coverage. I think we need a definite cover safety with the way Schwartz puts his guys in horrible position, someone who's used to playing way off the line.

By the way, remind me NEVER to draft anyone from Penn State, talk about workout warriors and busts.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Donte Whitner and Max Jean-Giles in the 2nd would also open my eyes

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that was kind of my point

College Success doesn't always = Pro Success

and conversely ....

College Averageness doesn't always = Pro Averageness

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not much of a limb there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar