Flea Flicker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

completely disagree. He had no idea that reciever was coming and with a ball lobbed up that much your not going to charge it because you might overrun it. If the receiver gets there 1 second later thats a pick. We defended that play as well as you can, they just got bailed out with a little luck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol - Hope kinda needs to know where the WRs are. Its a basic element to being a safety

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, he should've been way further in front of the ball. Catch it at its highest point. Griffin and Finnegan did just that. Maybe he could learn from them.

This would've been an instance where he could've been blocking the receiver without getting a PI called on him... as long as he's facing the ball and making a play on it, there's no foul. Of course, it would be nice if he knew that so he wouldn't have cost us the Broncos game.

4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Ravens did this as their first offensive play in the 2nd half on Sunday and it went for a TD. Safeties totally sold out on the run and it couldn't have worked any better.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

All of the Chris Hope hate on this board is ridiculous. The guy has had TWO bad deep plays all year. Everyone neglects that he knocked away a deep pass intended for Maclin later in the game, had he not it would have been a surefire touchdown.

6. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Good post. That play was just as good as the other play was as bad.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't hate Chris Hope at all. It's not like we can just plug in someone any better than him, but I acknowledge his sometimes very poor performances.

That pass he defended in the Broncos game... WOW. He messed up big time there. If he turned around and batted the ball down, it would've been 3rd and 25 from the 50 yard line with 2 minutes left. Good luck, Broncos.

Also, he blew that deep pass to Mason in the playoffs.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm not saying you specifically, but a week or two ago someone wanted to put Fuller in at safety instead of Hope. Never mind that Fuller has never played safety in a regular season game for this team.

I just don't get it. He's been a very solid player, consummate professional and is the quarterback of the secondary.

I's he getting older? Yes. Are there more athletic safeties out there? Yes. Has his play been bad enough to be benched? Hell no.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Chris Hope isn't great in pass coverage, but he's average at worse, and he is a pretty good run stopper. I wouldn't be calling for his replacement personally.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If it weren't for that insane performance by DeAngelo Hall against Jay Cutler Hope would lead the league in interceptions... He has 4 on the year. Hell, he had one in the Eagles game... The very idea of being down on that guy... it's crazy. As for that trick play... sure, he was camped out on the spot like a center fielder but the wr came from his blind side. The dude jumped across him. Hope is a good player and I'm proud he's a Titan...

Remember Tank Williams? Remember Lamont Thompson?

STFU!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar