Fixing the D

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrayGhost1951, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don't think his job is safe by any means but right now he's got 1 thing in his favor to stay, vet with no vet to replace him.

JR can't just give this secondary up to a bunch of young guys that have only to this point proven they aren't very good.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The switch to FS is an option but it would mean a new deal since he only has one year left. I'd much rather see Byard get the opportunity.

He's declined but someone would pay $3M for him to be a #2 CB, IMO. If he'd be willing to take a cut, I would like to see him on the roster in '17 while an early draft pick is being groomed.

If JRob were to hit on a top free agent CB, that would give the Titans a lot of options.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Question, when we go Nickel, our 4 DL is Orakpo, Casey, Klug, and Morgan. If we get another interior pass rusher, which of those 4 is not gonna be rushing or not on the field? In other words, who are you going to get whos better...Allen? The difference in impact between Allen or whomever you're thinking vs the difference between a Mike Williams over a Sharpe or a Tabor over McCourty.....which is more important or gives us the most bang for our draft pick buck?

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

True...but what if we look at it this way. We can pay McCourty $7mil to be average or spend another $5mil ($12mil/yr) to get an above avg CB?

Theoretically JRob could go sign Berry at S and Johnson at CB and easily cut McCourty as we'd have 2 vets at least to hold down the fort. Add another high draft pick or 2 and our secondary could be as good as anyone's!

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I'd absolutely be all for that move.
    Not sure of the timeline though. I don't think we can sign either of those 2 until after making a decision on keeping McCourty or not. I know he would just become a FA and we'd have the opportunity to resign him but so would any other team.
    I just want to see some veteran leadership out there in the secondary but don't care if it's McCourty.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Makes CB even more important in FA and the draft.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

0% chance they sign Berry

10. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

if we got Adams id crap myself. im an LSU guy so im a huge fan of his, but I doubt we pull him, i dont think our picks line up right. If we were 8-9, id think it would be possible. I wanted Ramsey last year I think adams can be a long term playmaker in our secondary.

I dont know where JROB is at though. I mean we have a bunch of needs, and hes only drafted once for us, and that was a mess of trading picks up and down, filling needs, etc.

I wouldn't be shocked if he pulled a WR with the first pick and went secondary with the second pick.

Wouldn't be shocked if he went DB with both first rounders.

I guess free agency before the draft should tell us what hes most likely to do in the draft.

Count me on Team Adams however it shakes out though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar