Fitzpatrick showing good feet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

OAKLAND, Calif. Ryan Fitzpatrick made the biggest play against the Raiders with his right arm — his game-winning touchdown pass to Kendall Wright.

But the Titans quarterback also made a critical first down with his legs, running for 10 yards on third-and-6 during a drive that ended with a Rob Bironas field goal.

Fitzpatrick threw for 320 yards and ran for 26. He also avoided several would-be sacks.

“Most of them are just running around frantically trying to find someone,” Fitzpatrick said of his runs.

The ninth-year pro has 146 rushing yards on 26 carries this season.

Said offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains: “He is a good runner and I don’t think he gets enough credit for his ability to move and extend plays.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH! Tip Jar Donor

His pocket awareness was outstanding! And some of those moves he looked like Russel Wilson avoiding sacks. (No I'm not comparing him with Wilson.)
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

He's making something out of nothing but if he could just hit 3rd gear and really get going, a few of his runs could be huge gains. No one expects him to leave the pocket so if he had better wheels he'd really be something.