Fisher Won't Name QB Starter Yet for Regular Season Opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

    goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

    Joined:
    May 6, 2005
    Messages:
    15,776
    SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher has not announced who his starting QB will be next season in the regular season opener. "There are often times things related to this business that aren't fair," Fisher said. "We're doing the best we can as an organization to try to win." Though many think Kerry Collins will get the start, he'll concentrate on preparing as he enters his second week as a Titan. "We're still waiting to see how things play out," Collins said. "I'm not sure what this week will bring. ... My focus is going to be the same, and that's getting ready to play this game. Not only play it, but give a winning performance." There is a possibility that Vince Young will get a series or two of work Sunday as well. "If Coach says, 'You're in,' I'm in. I'm excited," Young said. "I'm going to go out and do my best to win a ballgame."

    What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
    #1
  2. Gunny

    Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2002
    Messages:
    46,647
    oh fun.

    Vince may start
    #2
  3. Fry

    Fry Hatin' is what I do.

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Messages:
    25,929
    basically just giving the jets the finger in my mind.
    #3
  4. Hoffa

    Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2003
    Messages:
    12,762
    I have a feeling there's a good chance he will.
    I hope he does.

    He will silence the naysayers...:helmet: :football:
    #4
  5. TitanJeff

    TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

    Joined:
    May 24, 2002
    Messages:
    23,235
    Fisher may actually not know yet. He needs to see how much a second week for Collins impacts things.
    #5
  6. Carpy

    Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2002
    Messages:
    3,550
    Sounds like they're going with my Madden gameplan.

    Rotate the 3 backs and run the ball 85% of the time. On the remaining 15% let VY roll out off play action and either pick up what he can on the ground or dump off short passes.
    #6
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

    PhiSlammaJamma Yao

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2003
    Messages:
    6,506
    Well, I guess we'll just wait and see. This could point to just about everything. and anything. But something is afoot.
    #7
  8. Gunny

    Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2002
    Messages:
    46,647
    Just bring on the season.
    #8
  9. Crash Override

    Crash Override inVINCEable

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2006
    Messages:
    1,366
    I doubt he is series about VY starting. Sit him on the bench for a whole year, and you'll get Carson Palmer! Play him right away, and you'll get Alex Smith! I do not want to rush VY's development, and I know we are all excited to see him play, and can't wait, but we should.
    #9
  10. TitanJeff

    TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

    Joined:
    May 24, 2002
    Messages:
    23,235
    No way Young starts Sunday, IMO.
    #10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.