Fisher says the rebuilding process started weeks ago

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Then he can keep Young on the bench (for whatever the reason) and continue to go down with the ship with Collins. Fisher doesn't own the team. Bud (who wanted Vince) does. But then again, Bud is the one who got himself into this mess anyway.

Or if he does come out and light it up, none of us will have to listen to whiny overly-critical vah-jayjays like you acting all negative Nelly all the time; ehh not really...you'll find some other negative aspect to cry about.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sooooo, yeah, like i said, the only guy who said we were rebuilding was the guy who started this thread.....

:grrhee:

3. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Vince is not the long term solution that's for sure (or short term), my fear is that they'll throw him in and he'll actually have one of those rare moments of glory where he looks good and everyone will jump all over the VY band wagon again. The fact is he's not very bright and he can't read a defense so if his first read is covered he's a deer in the headlights. I don't care what he did in college he'll never be an elite NFL QB, period! I say let's cut our losses on this under achiever and start all over by trying to draft that all illusive franchise QB. Without one it's tough to build a consistent top level team. The common thread between the Indy's, Steeler's, and Patriots of the world??.... an elite, franchise QB.

Other than that I'm stunned at how we can go from #2 in points allowed to dead last and now we're this years Lions. I wonder how much of it falls on Cecil, that's the only real change other than losing Haynesworth I can see and I know that while "big Al's" missed that's not what's causing this disaster of a year. Oh well, looks like we'll get a good draft pick at least!!

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Which is the EXACT same thing that I'm afraid will happen with Collins.

No. I think he can succeed. I agree with your assessment about him circa 2007. But I also think too much stuff has happened to him (benched in '08, Mac9's death) for him to not have at least some maturity and game play improvement, and that he should get another shot...for more than one fukin series, in a regular season game...with the 1st team offense, before I dismiss him as a bust.

Uh, a little bit less than what falls on Jeff Fisher himself.
    One other little thing that has probably changed from last year...the way the players look at/view/respect (or don't) the coaches (particularly Fisher).

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

the more i think about it, the more id like VY to finish up his contract here, just as a temporary semi fix. i dont like any of the QBs in the draft, plus sam bradford is going to have surgery and miss a year and we are supposed to pick him up in the top5?

QB isnt even the only problem, our WRs suck :grrr::grrr::grrr:. Gage is just not good. Washington isnt being used right, we dont really have the tools to get it to him deep, plus titans fans definately overrated him as we always do with any widereciever just cuz we dont really know what a good WR is in TN. Britt - jury still out. only played 6 games.

so... i say get a young QB either later in the draft this year, or 1st round next year or thru FA this year. create an offense that takes advantage of the fastest TE, RB, and QB in the league. run it for 2 years. during this time, we develop our QB that we selected, and teach our WR to catch

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Anybody notice how these "We don't want to see Vince period" guys get all twisted up inside over it? I mean, even moreso than all of Titandom having to witness the Collins-led debacle on offense?

If he ever gets the opportunity to play again - just turn your backs. Quit the whining. We've had to put up with Twighlight Collins this long. As many, including myself, have said before, a losing VY on the field is 10x more entertaining than Collins.

All you guys are advocating is losing in the same way over and over again, changed only by the opponent. The Titans are in schematic Ground Hog's Day over here, and you dudes want to keep reliving it.

Meanwhile, everyone else just wants to get the Vince Young questions out of the way once and for all, whether or not they hold on for hope of his "return" or "improvement," whichever the case may be.

So, again, my best advice, if he plays -- cuz I won't say The Fish isn't stubborn enough to keep him on the bench all year -- is turn your back.

And if you don't, well, "I hope it gives you hell" to watch him play. :evil: :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar