Fisher: "Pacman Needs to Look Elsewhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If the Cowboys make that '09 pick a four instead of a five, I bet Bud lets him go. Thing is, I bet this has gotten personal for Bud Adams. The last thing he wants is to have Dallas getting the better of a deal with him.

Usually, a player gets all their bonus money up front. Apparently, Pacman's deal had it spaced out and the Titans cut him off when he was suspended. So of the $13M he signed for, he may only have $8M or $9M. If you prorate that over the length of the contact, you're talking probably $2.5M or so Bud wants from either Pacman or the Cowboys.

By this being part of the negotiations, I assume Pacman can't/won't pay back the bonus money. I bet the guy is close to broke and Arora is looking to that Cowboy's contract for some of the money he's invested representing Jones. So Bud is going after the money as a matter of principle with the Cowboys.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

James Hardy is our pick for wideout on the draft people, lets see how far i can make it here with this opinion!!!

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Or we could take Felix Jones or even Chris Johnson out of east carolina people!!!!

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why did you post draft opinions in this thread?

Two 4th round picks for Pacman, it's alright. I'll be glad when it's over and done with.

5. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Common sense anyone?

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Okay I'm officially telling you not to post draft opinions on this thread. Go to the Draft forum for that chikanery.

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Someone should use the old draft calculator to figure out how far up in the first or second we could move with two 4th rounders. It'd be interesting.

9. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Because it's been more than 24 hours since we posted a Pacman article...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3330169

"To facilitate a trade to Dallas -- where Jones says he prefers to resume his career -- the player has offered to forego the $1.2 million performance bonus he earned for playing at least 25 percent of the Titans' defensive plays in an attempt to offset the $1.275 million signing bonus the Titans are currently demanding he repay before completing any trade. According to sources, Jones is willing to call it even and walk away. The Titans have not made that compromise."

So the Titans owe Pac $1.2M for his play in '06 and he owes the Titans $1.275M in signing bonus money? If this is the case, and the Titans are happy with a four and five, then this thing will be done by next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar