Fisher: "Pacman Needs to Look Elsewhere"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

this whole pacman situation is great for everyone involved except the whole titans organazation( fans,players,coaches,etc) the cowboys get a great player without having to giveup squat to get him... goodell gets to act like god and will proably get a nice bribe from jerry to get pacman on the field faster... pacman gets to go play with all the other stars in dallas and will make everyone in america forgive him once he starts making plays in big d... the nfl as a whole will benifit because its most popular team(dallas cowboys) will be the front runner to win the superbowl... and what do the titans get out of all of this??? lets see here, we will get a 5th or 6th round draft pick..can anyone name the last titans 5th or 6th round draft pick that did anything in the nfl or better yet made the team the following year??? yeah thats what i thought!!! we will loose one of our best defensive players... we will loose our#1 draft pick from 05 and will have nothing to show for it... we will be the laughing stalk of the nfl and everyone will wonder why we would give up such a great player for a 5th or 6th round draft pick1!!! and last but not least while everyone in our division got better we seem to have gotten worse but i think i heard we just signed kevin dyson to an offer sheet so everything should be ok...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Will you applaud them if they hold on to Pac if the Cowboys don't concede?

4. TitanJeff

Whatever is best for the team.

If the Cowboys offer a high enough pick/player, I'm sure the Titans would quickly forget any money owed. That doesn't appear to be the case right now.

5. TitanTeam

TitanTeam Guest

Is it just me or does it appear the way Fisher's talking that he may not want to trade him.''When and if he’s reinstated, [one option] is to come back on our roster and play,'' Fisher said. ''And the others are a potential trade or to outright release him. We’ve got three options.''

However, Fisher reiterated chances are better that Jones would be traded or released. This dosn't sound like the talk of a head coach thats trying to trade someone. However i thank the trade will happen durring the draft, the same way the Randy Moss trade did.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Again, unless it's a draft day trade, it wont happen. Fisher is smarter than he looks, and Reinfeldt HAS to be smarter than he looks as well.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Maybe I don't understand, why do we want his bonus money? A bonus is a bonus. You can't get it back. Isn't that the point of a bonus.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

damage control- face saving etc. to a lesser degree the money itself.

9. TitanJeff

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Of course a bonus is given to a football player... with the assumption that a football player plays football. But yea... as much as I'm peeved at Pacman, when you give a bonus to someone you run the risk it will be a waste. If we can get some back that would be great, but I'm not sure we've got much leverage there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar