Fisher on Young: That's a different person wearing #10

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TBC_titan, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I've always loved Vince, and I want him to be the QB we drafted him to be. But up until these past 3 games he's done his best to convince me that might never happen. He's far exceeded our lowered expectations. Now that we have adjusted them back to normal, let's see if he can still deliver over the next month. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I would have put him in after 0-4 instead of 0-6, but I don't think we'd be sitting at 5-4 right now if he had done that. I do think that if Fisher hadn't played Russian Roulette with a kick returner and DB depth we could be 6-3 with Collins still starting.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree things look much rosier than they looked just 3 weeks ago.

I also give Young credit and in all honesty Fisher having zero confidence in Young is a motivating technique for a guy like Young. Kind of the "say I can't do it and I'll prove I can". Add in a little humility and maturity and we might have a solid guy going forward. IMO the jury is still out however so wait and see.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I have a feeling 7 games from now and the jury will still be out on Vince. Face it he's good.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Between now and then VY is going to have a bad game, it's how he bounces back from turnovers he causes or just all round bad games is how we will determine his future.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He's a re-energised player and looks much better.

He could of had 3 interceptions instead of 1 against the Bills though. He bounced back from one this week without getting down on himself which was a concern.

I'm really happy for him but I need to see a lot more improvement before I'd be happy to commit $14mill a year to him.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

i just can't help but look at your avatar and say DAAMMN!!!! That Guy is on our team.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah I saw the video of Fisher on NFL Network too and he is a real smooth operator. Taking credit for making the QB switch to Vince makes me sick. This guy's ego is way too big for this small-market team. His smug demeanor couldn't be more clear. I used to overlook it because I was such a homer and didn't want to say or hear anything bad about my coach. But he has lost the benefit of the doubt with me.

Admit it folks, Vince can play and play well. We've heard all year how Vince can't play in this offense, well that just isn't accurate. He can do it and has done it in an admirable fashion. He's limiting his mistakes and running when we need him to. Sure his throws are still not perfect, but he is getting the job done. Which is the same argument that KFC's backers built their case on.

Now let's give the Young man a little credit. We have won all 3 games with him under center and those are the facts. Sure they were against Jax, SF, and Buffalo but they are wins nonetheless. And that's 3 more wins than KFC gave us this year in twice as many games.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's way too much to ask around these parts. If it's not 400 yards and 3 TDs it's unacceptable!

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As I'm watching the games lately, I'm seeing plays Collins was never able to pull off that Young is doing 2 or 3 times a game. I don't know if Vince has mastered these certain few plays or are the coaches building a new bunch of plays to fit Vince? Either way he's executing them very well.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

ahhhhh yes the coaches are making plays specificly for VY to take advantage of what he does well (and yes he has executed them well) and on the flip side they are not giving him plays that he can't manage.

When VY is in a situation where he has to consistently pass from the pocket late in the game when the defense knows we have to throw will be the big test. At some point a defense will actually box CJ in enough that we can't rely on CJ to get the 1st downs and break long ones. Those times will be the test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar