Fisher Holding Out Hope McNair Remains QB in '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Soxcat, why do you hate Mcnair so much :ha:

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I don't think our abilities to win games will depend as heavy on the QB play as it will on the Run game and trying to keep teaqms like Jacksonville under 40 friggin points

3. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I think I speak for most of the Mac fans on this board when I say that we don't hate McNair. However, it looks like Mac may very well be taking crucial money needed for the defense. I understand that this is "a business" and all. That's why I say that the best option for the Titans is to let McNair be a salary cap burden to another team so that we can improve our defense. I believe, with a strong defense and Volek at the helm, the Titans can do more good than with an under par D and a "high-risk injury prone" McNair at the helm. Of course, Billy has had his share of injuries, but he hasn't really had a consistent, fair shot at the position. The one time that he did at the end of 2004, he almost broke all-time QB passing records and made Bennett one of the top receivers in the league. So, Soxcat, we do not "hate McNair." We are just looking for the best way to win some games... McNair gives us a better shot at QB than Volek if we had more salary cap room for defense, but that's not gonna happen. If we trade Mac away, we sign 2 or 3 good defensive guys and a 3rd or 2nd string QB (depending on how good VY is learning in the NFL).

4. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I don't think any of us "hate" McNair. It's just that there are those of us that seem to be able to separate the overall good of the "team" from our own personal feelings or like for an individual that has given so much for us over the years and those that for one reason or another can't. I own a McNair jersey and would hate to see him leave...but...we can't put the whole team injeapordy by spending what $ we have to keep a player that hasn't played that well for 2 seasons now. Maybe part of it is the change over in players but I think that only plays a small part in it. I just think the age and injuries have taken their tole on him and he just isn't and won't be the same. I would rather spend the money on other needs of the team at this point.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

No

6. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I think the real point here is Mcnair has peaked. 2003 his MVP year was that peak and since then his performance has declined rapidly each year. In his last 2 seasons his mobility was completely the opposite of what it was in years past. He couldn't get away from anyone. In the last two seasons he has look tired and confused in almost every game. I'm a season ticket holder and I noticed in 2004 something was wrong when he would walk onto the field from the sideline he would walk in like an 80 year old man. He used to trot on the field. In 2005 it was the same. Do you really think another year of rust and age will improve his performance? I am a big Mcnair fan just as i was a huge Eddie George fan. But face it folks anyone who has followed the NFL for very long knows...when a great player (like Mcnair/ George) begins to go down hill it's almost always a rapid descent. I honestly think we're seeing a repeat of the Eddie George situation all over again. Mac was a great player. So was John Elway. But both of them are now covered in A1 Sauce (They're Done) Mac will go to Baltimore... it will be sad to see him in purple... smiling, slapping high fives and joking with Ray lewis and that Idiot Brian Billick. They will go 8-8 and Mac will have a few bright shining moments until his season ending injury. He'll then be released at the end of the season. He'll wait around for a couple of years then sign a one day deal with the Titans and retire as a Titan. With all that said I honestly think Mcnair could help us this year. It will cost us 24 million dollars for that help. And therin lies the problem almost no one thinks he can help us 24 million dollars worth. Most do not believe he could help us 10 million dollars worth. So what it boils down to is can we spend the money in a way to help better than spending it on Mcnair. A lot of people including myself believe the money would be better spent elsewhere. Release mac and spend it on defense that's the way to go.

7. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Agreed. If McNair goes to the Ravens and doesn't get injured, I believe that they will make it to the playoffs. However, the "almost, but not quite" curse will follow Mac to Baltimore. The Ravens fans will be talking like us in a year and drafting a QB with their first pick (if it's high enough). That's my opinion.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Mac will get injured, no question about it. It is a matter of how bad and how many games will be impacted by the injury. I still think Mac will be a disappointment in Baltimore either with his play of his injuries.

9. i agree, it is time to let him go, but we do need to get something out of him, i like the guy but his time is up

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Don't hate the Playa hate the game:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar