Fisher & His Trick Plays...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nate42104, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Was at bar last night for game, so just now watching it with sound, and paying attention ....and as much as I love seeing Fisher succeed in his trick plays in the pre-season, it's a bit frustrating not seeing him pull the trigger in the regular season. I'd like to see his 'nothing to lose' mentality happen a little more often t his year - worked pretty well for the Saints in the Super Bowl :)

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yeah and the second one fails instantaneously this site will explode with "OMG FIRE THAT IDIOT FISHER"

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I thought the fake punt was totally classless. 1st half 1st preseason game deep in own territory and 4th and long. Yeah there was a reason nobody was expecting it - cause it was stupid football.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You can really see Fisher's perspective on preseason. And maybe it's right... but for it to be so apparent is frustrating.

The guy wont do ANYTHING ballsy in the regular season. I guarantee he's superstitious about the way he stands every 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th downs.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Jeff Fisher is a true American hero.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There is nothing "classless" about a fake punt. This isn't the damn senor bowl! :sad2:

For whatever reason he wanted other teams to see that play. Personally i would have tried to keep the fact our punter can throw the ball under raps until it counted.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

typical bamaboy, leaving out the qualifiers that make the statement.

1st half 1st preseason game deep in own territory and 4th and long. Yeah there was a reason nobody was expecting it - cause it was stupid football. - GoT

there I will bold the really, really important part - the part that makes it stupid football, the unbolded part makes it classless. you know 1st half 1st preseason game. Just not cool.

FWIW I did NOT say all fake punts were classless. I said THAT fake punt was classless, a subtlety totally lost on you.

and thanks for the "it sucked" comming from you that is as good as it gets.

8. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Considering the Music City Miracle was the greatest "trick" play ever to succeed in football I find this topic ironic.

9. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

It's just to get it on film so teams will think that they may do it at any time. Although that was an ugly shot put of a throw... He is no Unitas that's for sure... hell no Hentrich for that matter. I don't think we will see that in the regular season though now teams have to respect that there is a chance.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was surprised he did it, but it's becoming a trend in the first preseason game for Fisher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar