Fisher Has To Go.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Fisher should be fired, but Bud Adams will never let him go. Jeff Fisher will be the head coach of this team till the day he dies. Then the following day the Titans will bury him on the sidelines with a headset and a broken record in the coffin that says "run it" every 30 seconds.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'm guessing you don't win at a lot of things in life..do you?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The reason Fisher has to go is because the Vince Young card is gone. Now that Vince is not in the picture, Fisher has nowhere to turn. He's out of moves. How can Fisher do anything when he's out of ideas? He's not going to. He would already be gone if not for the fact that only 2 out of 10 people know where Tennessee even is. Great place he's been fooling for years, but he's toast in my book. Now is the time to axe this relationship with the seasoned coach. And for all you fine folks in the south, that does not mean seasoned like a rack of ribs. In other words, Bud Adams should have taken that pork out hours ago. Fisher has burned out, let's cut our losses. PLAYOFFS are OVER, that's the problem here. And it seems all too familiar. WTF will it take? We are worse today than we were last year in New England!

4. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Well, tomorrow may tell a different story, but the media in this town loves Fisher. Many of our radio talkshows have hired former players, and they are not likely to go on an anti-Fisher rant. Callers have been very tolerant of Fisher over the years...with one or two exceptions. Fisher has his own talk show and has always been approachable, charitable, etc. He's very liked in the community. (The media has clearly favored him over VY.) IMO, it will take more of what we've seen on the field the past two weeks to turn the media against Fisher, at least publically.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I gave him an "it sucks" just to be contrarian.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I'll never understand fans who are content with mediocrity.

Do we know for certain what will happen with a new HC? No..of course not..no team ever does. But we DO know what we have right now..and he's been given the opportunity to make something of this team for the last 17 seasons..and he hasn't done it. Why not TRY to find something better get some new, fresh thoughts and idea in here..then just basically settling for what we have now?

7. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Can someone from the Nashville area...

Let us nationwide fans (and right now I use that term very loosely and regretfully) know what the sentiment is like on a local level as far as talk radio/local media in terms of getting rid of Fisher ?

We all know that ESPN sucks up to Fisher and loves him like a two dollar crack whore loves a crack dealer, but what is the local sentiment about how horrible this guy has been as a leader of this franchise the last few years and especially now that they have literally gone from one of the top 10 teams to one of the bottom 10 in the short span of 5 weeks ?

Would be interesting to know the temperature of the local media and fan and how much presuure that might end up putting on Adams to dump him and or for Fisher to resign at the end of the season.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll just say the local media seems to either support Fisher or tiptoe when using any negativity. I think there has been some fair criticism of the coaching staff on 104.5 the zone. You can listen to that online. Blaine Bishop is pretty real good on there.

I also think Nashville's opinion is irrelevant to Bud. He gonna do what he want and what makes sense for him personally.

It's a tough year to try and replace a coach. We couldn't choose worse timing, similar to how we couldn't choose a worse time to go for broke in the salary cap era (back in 2000-2004).

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Good....I have asked that question (on other threads) a couple of times, with no answer. I am curious about that as well...

Someone from Nashville please???

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I will show my age (last time I lived there) here....is Plaster still on 104.5?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar