fisher fires back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Well, everyone wanted and some demanded that Fisher explain himself.....well he did. I am sure that will still not be enough for some people.

PS- Fisher never said Collins was a savior.

Now...can we please move on?

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

But Fisher does seem to think Collins is a qualified starter, despite performances that indicate otherwise.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

WTF is Fisher talkin' about?

when has BV threw teammates under the bus?

I think Fisher needs to get with BP for some self medication.

And those must just be BV rules cause Peter Sirmon faxed his resignation the same day the Titans signed some competition. Instead of doing what is best for the Titans and allowing Sirmon to persue other oppertunities the Titans annointed him MLB and are currently keeping a more faster more talented MLB in Tullock on the bench!

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Hell no, this pathetic excuse/lie from Fisher is just more fuel on the fire. His story is so full of holes I could run Madden's bus through it and not get a scratch.

All of a sudden we hear that Volek didn't fullfil his duties as a backup last year and that the request for a trade last year annoyed the coaches/FO, yet this was last year, why did it take until 2 week before the opener to sign "competition"?

And for anyone who actually thinks Collins was brought in to compete... well, think about this, Collins was brought in on the 29th of August and the 1st of September he was the starter. Even if Volek did complain after the signing, wouldn't you at least give him a few days?
    As GoT points out, we didn't fire Sirmon as soon as he started complaining, in fact we just promised him there wouldn't be competition for the spot.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

volek didnt complain, he gave up.

"Kerry Collins was brought in here to give us experience at the quarterback position because as I said when Vince Young went down on the practice field, I was concerned about the lack of experience. From that moment on, Billy Volek has been asking and demanding a trade..."

the day collins came in he wanted out. he had no interest in competing.

sirmon at the time was the starting OLB which is where thornton is playing now. he didnt know they were planning on moving him to be the starting MLB.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm not a graphics person, but if I was, I'd make a picture of two people both diving under a bus, then claiming that the other one threw them...

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Ahh, so when Sirmon feels like he's being replaced it's ok, we just move him to a different position (taking that spot from a younger player who is likely to be part of the Titans longterm future I might add) but when Volek feels like he's being replaced, he's insurbordinate and needs to be demoted to the bottom of the depth chart and eventually traded.

It's pathetic that the only time Fisher has ever demoted a player it was to put a worse player on the field.

I don't care if Volek complained about the signing of Collins, I complained about the signing, it was a bonehead move and now we're stuck with a crappy quarterback because Fisher would rather lose than play a quarterback who's expressed he wants to be the starter.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Sure didn't look like he had given up when he went out and scored a TD on his first passing play against GB and was then immediately benched permanently. Guess the coaches were worried he'd outperform Collins, sure would put a hole in their little "competition" excuse.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sirmon thought he was being outright replaced, volek was supposed to compete. volek had no interest in competing, he wanted it handed to him.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let's see. Brown wanted a trade. Sirmon wanted a trade. Both are on the roster. What's wrong with this picture?

This thing won't be going away anytime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar