Fisher # 3 in Best Coaches list

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I've said it a million times and I'll say it a million more. The only group of people that don't appreciate Fisher are Titans fans.

The most successful small market team of the past 12 years and hasn't had a really good season from the QB position since 2002 or 2003.

It's because of Fisher that the naysayers have such high expectations from a team that's had only one Hall of Fame worthy player (Mathews) in 16 years.

Harbaugh is good but he had multiple Hall of Famers the day he signed his contract.

Titans fans need to open their eyes and minds to what the rest of the NFL world sees.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

What exactly would that be? That's something I rarely see here: a list of the reasons why Fisher is what the rest of the NFL thinks he is.

3. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

Fisher certainly isn't the worst, but top 5? I personally don't think so.

Longest tenured doesn't equal being a great coach. Good, not great.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Saints? Rams? Buccs? They all have something we don't. But what's market size got to do with it? This isn't baseball where the big markets have more money so they win more.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Fisher's win-loss record= barely above .500
    Fisher's championships= goose egg
    Fisher's creativity= nothin'
    Fisher's motivational skills= debatable
    Fisher's ability to limit turnovers/penalties= umm, good I guess? I'm not sure why this would be a major factor in a best coach list but whatever
    Fisher's ability to hire and maintain a quality staff= very hit and miss. He has a top-notch guy like Washburn but he also has kept Lowry on the staff for 10+ years.

So if that was the criteria, how exactly did Fisher end up #3? Another example of so-called experts giving Fisher a ridiculous amount of credit based solely on his tenure. The bottom line is most of these writers don't know nearly enough about each individual NFL team to even be attempting a list like this. Not one with any credibility anyway. What a joke.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I support Fisher, but he's overrated. I've learned that over the past couple of seasons.

My stance is that we can't just get someone better, and I'm content with Fisher. But, that doesn't mean he's not an overrated coach.

He's overrated. There's really no arguing that. His record against winning teams is horrendous.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

For the record, I'm not saying he's a horrible coach or anything. But when looking at his stats, to have him in the top 3 amongst active coaches is downright laughable.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd put him in the top 10. I think you'd have a hard time finding 10 better coaches than Fisher.

I can't think of more than two current coaches who could turn their team from 0-6 to 8-8.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Define small market? Because I could name at least three suber bowl winners no matter what you say. How many do we have? How many times has he choked in the playoffs? Well the few years we actually made the playoffs. In 16 years he's given us 1 AFC Championship, a handful of divison titles, some playoff appearances, and a bunch of embarassing moments for the organization.

You mention that Harbaugh had hall of fame players already but we had our chance with McNair, George, Matthews, Mason, Kearse, Bulluck, Rolle, Dyson, etc. I'm not saying they are all hall of fame players but when you have that loaded of a roster something good needs to happen.

Really the best part of the team since that era was our drafting but for every Finnegan there is a Pac-man. We never make a splash in free agency so when we finally have a good offense well it's time to rebuild the defense a year too late.

The fact is Fisher can make any team good with the style of football he plays. He runs the ball and plays hard hitting defense. He made Chris Brown, Travis Henry, and Lendale White look good and continues to stick with the veteran players until we absoulutely have to rebuild.

It's time for a change.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Top 10 I don't have nearly as much of a problem with. Top 5 (or 3 :eek: ) is just insane though.

But let's be honest. How much of last season's turnaround was because of Fisher and how much was because of Vince Young? VY gave them the spark they needed to get the ball rolling and then the team gained a lot of confidence and went on a roll. That's how I see it anyway. Other than plugging VY into the lineup I don't really see what changed, from a coaching perspective, from the first 6 games to the last 10 (aside from the obvious play-calls that resulted from having a guy with VY's abilities in the lineup). I'm not saying JF had absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm just saying that we don't win 8 of our last 10 if VY never made his way back into the starting lineup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar