Fisher # 3 in Best Coaches list

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Chan Gailey is an active head coach. :rolleyes:

And I knew people would start reeling off excuses as to why certain guys shouldn't count. LOL

GoTitans asked a question and I answered it. Simple as that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

They do when their franchise QB has more career INTs than TDs.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

My God in Heaven, I hope the Saints get their a** kicked tonight. ;)

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Here's a revised list to fit your criteria:

Bill Belichick .617*
    Andy Reid .613
    Mike Shanahan .598
    Wade Phillips .597
    Mike McCarthy .594
    Sean Payton .594
    Brad Childress .563**
    John Fox .554
    Jeff Fisher .553

*Disqualified for "cheating so much"
    **Disqualified for having good players

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Completely forgot that Gailey is the Bills head coach now, so that's my bad. He still shouldn't count, considering it's been more than 10 years since he's been a head coach. Also, he will obviously have a worse percentage than Fisher after this season.

Yea. You answered the question, but you seem to be a Fisher hater... and it appears that you believe all of those guys are better than him, seeing as you followed up with list with a "LOL".

From that list, I would choose three coaches (tops) over Fisher.

Also, I never once said that those coaches should be disqualified. I said that they're lucky to have as much success as they've had. Brad Childress is a terrible, terrible coach.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agreed. :ha:

I'm really not a Fisher hater. Just tired of the guy and ready to move on TBH. I realize there are a lot worse coaches out there. I just don't believe JF is anything particularly special.

I just added the "LOL" at the end because GoTitans seemed so doubtful that there were 10 guys with records better than JF.

I actually don't think he's a very good coach either. :))

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well to be fair 2 of those 3 years Cowher had Kordell Stewart and Mike Tomczak as QB. Nobody is winning with them.

As for Parcells he went 3-12-1 his FIRST year in New York then improved them by 6 wins the next year. In 93 he went 5-11 but Bledsoe was just a rookie and his other bad season in New England Bledsoe had a bad year. And in Dallas his starting QB was Vinny Testaverde. So there's good reasons a lot of these guys went 8-8 or below.

To go from 13-3 to 8-8 with pretty much the same players, gotta wonder about that.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

13-3 to 8-8 with a buttload of injuries and the loss of your defensive anchor..
    Parcells and Cowher both had say in personnel....

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=TITANS%20DESTROY%20OAKLAND%20IN...&count=down&time=1284310800000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0x00ccff&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xffffff&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x000000&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

We didn't have a "buttload" of injuries and losing Haynesworth shouldn't have mattered, we'd won without him before.

So now we penalize coaches for having good players? Maybe give him credit for coaching up some 6th round pick nobody wanted instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar