Fire Whiz (new head coach thread)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Let's hope that this F.O. will finally see that Whunt is not the answer. Just curious who you guys would prefer as our new head coach? I don't watch a lot of college football so I will be interested to hear who had good NFL coaching potential. Personally I really like David Cutcliffe. Started his career in with the Vols, has worked a ton with Peyton Manning and seems like he would be great for a young Mariota. I dunno, I'm just tired of these losses which I feel are direct results of poor coaching.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

^ To clarify that's for firing Whis, not hiring Cutcliffe lol

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

^and here I thought you were advocating Bryan Danielson to be head coach

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. XO

XO Nevada Native

We should totally run the entire staff one year into a franchise QB's career.

That has worked out well in the past.

This is a six win team, we knew that in August. They will finish with six wins. Be happy they've looked better than expected thus far and know that they are only a few players away from winning games like this and the last.

Fix the Oline and get an actual NFL running back.

• High Five High Five x 6
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Hell, he might at least be able to get this team fired up.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Thats the thing, if you are going to run out an entire offensive staff, you do it right away, letting it linger will just affect Mariota much worse over the long haul.

This team has spent far too many high draft picks on offense for years, we have got to draft defensive play makers that can make an immediate impact.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Normally, I'd agree. And yes we all thought we were about a 6-8 win team at best. But it's the way we're losing. And the fact that playcalling has been such a huge part of the losses.

Yeah, the team is improved. Whis at the very least does not need to be calling plays anymore. He hired some position coach no one had ever heard of to be OC so his toes wouldn't get stepped on.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Hire a big time defensive guy as head coach with Kyle Shanahan as OC.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Sankey was one of the worst picks in recent history.

That said this staff isn't going anywhere this year, especially for David Cutcliffe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar