Final Four Games Have Major Impact for Odom

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though he has a career-high five sacks, Antwan Odom knows its about consistency. With only four games standing between Odom and free agency, he's looking to finish strong. "He can really do a lot of things to help himself these last four games," Vanden Bosch said. " … I don't know if there are a lot of people with better highlights. He just shows flashes of being this dynamic, unstoppable player. The knock on him is his consistency. And nothing would show consistency like him coming out, showing up and playing well late in the year during our stretch run as we're trying to make a push for the playoffs."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think Odom has done enough to warrant a new contract as a Titan.

Starks on the other hand will be lucky to earn a contract at K Mart.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I hope we can keep Odom. Losing him will create a big hole on our defensive line that will not be easily filled. Also, Odom's best is still in front of him.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think they will be competitive in trying to keep him but I wonder just how much some team will look at his highlights and throw a ton of money his way.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I love the way Odom has played, I hope we keep him

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I feel a lot like last season. We have more holes to fill then we have draft picks.

So, it would be nice to keep Odom, but hopefully we will still try to upgrade vis the draft or free agency. Never hurts to have 3 good DEs.

I wouldn't mind seeing Laboy resigned either, but he seems to get injured way too often.

Want to see us with a DE that can play most of the snaps in a game like KVB as well.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

man ...read what KVB said about him...its damn impressive

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I have to wonder if he's really inconsistent, or just not as good as we hope he can be. Maybe he just is what he is. And that's a good player, but do we try to upgrade him? That's a tough one.

I'd try to keep him around, but not good enough to overpay if someone throws a ton of cash his way. If that happens, I think you have to draft DE....which may not be bad, because his spot can be upgraded.

But as the roster sits now, I hope we can resign him for a fair price. LaBoy is more questionable with his concussions. Ford may be able to fill his spot adequately, but I'd still look into bringing in another DE. Ford is an unknown coming off a major injury that could still slow him, and Fisher looks done to me.

9. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I agree with most that he is worth keeping at the right price.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

0 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 QB hurry.

Tony Brown, no stats at all.

I don't remember the Bolts not running to that side, but I do remember that side of the D not doing squat.

Again Odom goes silent, and Brown is limited. Maybe we could use at least one more hand on the d-line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar