Final Decision: With the #8 Pick, the Titans Select...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 8, 2011.

?
  1. Nick Fairley

32.6%
  2. Marcel Dareus

4.3%
  3. Von Miller

8.7%
  4. DaQuan Bowers

2.2%
  5. Cam Newton

2.2%
  6. Blaine Gabbert

4.3%
  7. Robert Quinn

8.7%
  8. AJ Green

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Patrick Peterson

15.2%
  10. Other (please note)

21.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

What happens if you wet dream Julio Jones pans out, and becomes elite? And Britt does as well. Great now we either have to tie up way too much money in a relatively unimportant position, or lose one of our best players. Think the Cards and Boldin/Fitzgerald. Hell that team wasn't even good until they had an elite QB with the best receiver in the NFL, and another top 10, possible top 5 receiver. It just doesn't make sense.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wr is unimportant? So one CB or DT is more important?

How many teams missed the playoffs who had a pro bowl defensive player or offensive lineman? We have hall of fame RBs who have never been to a super bowl. They must have been unimportant.

I would balk on Julio at 8 because of his history of injury but not because of his position.

I don't know when you wrote your post but assuming it was before the Britt arrest i'm waiting for an amendment.

FYI Boldin and Fitzgerald played together for 6 seasons before Boldin left. Your theory is bogus.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Oh my goodness 2 elite WRs that would really suck!

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

No team can be successful with two elite WR's. I mean, that's just common knowledge.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Greg Jennings and Donald Driver
    Fitz and Boldin (for however long they were together, almost got a SB)
    Cris Carter and Randy Moss
    Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce
    Lynn Swann and John Stallworth
    Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne
    Jerry Rice Tim Brown

just to name a few.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Obviously you don't get the concept of sarcasm.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

haha... yeah I thought you were serioud. I was like what is this kid smoking. I understand the point behind it, that eventually they'll want a monster deal.. but you'll still get a solid 4 years before that contract comes up.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

List of last 10 or so superbowl champs:
    Packers:
    WR-Jennings (Good elite maybe?) (Driver far from elite)
    Dline-BJ Raji (Impact player, huge reason why they made the superbowl)

Saints:
    WR-Colston (Good, not elite) (Lance more, average)
    Dline-Will Smith (Not great, but pretty good)

Steelers:
    WR-Ward (Good, not elite) Holmes (Good, not elite)
    Dline-Casey Hampton (One of the best NT in the league) (Aaron Smith pretty swell as well)

Giants:
    WR-Burress (Pretty close to elite that year) Toomer (Meh)
    Dline-Strahan and Umenyiora (Pretty good)

Colts:
    WR-Harrison and Wayne (Both elite)
    Dline-Mathis and Freeney (Both elite)

Steelers:
    WR-Ward (Not even a probowler that year) Randel El?
    Dline-Hampton and Smith again

Pats:
    WR-Branch and Givens....
    Dline-Seymour and Wilform (pretty darn good)

Pats:
    Pretty much the same as year previous

Buccs:
    WR-Keyshawn and Mcardel
    Dline-Sapp and Rice (Phenomenal)

I can keep going, but as you can see only one team had two elite receivers, but they also had two elite Dlinemen, the others weren't even close to having two elite WR's. However every team had at least one great Dlinemen, something that we arguably don't have yet (Jason jones if he can stay healthy, or Morgan god willing may become one).

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If the potential value of a player based on what position he plays is the most important criteria then we should just take a chance and draft a QB with our top pick.

We can only draft one player not a whole line so just take the best QB on the board and run with it.

I can't believe we are having this 2 elite Wr argument right now.

Where is our current elite WR? We don't have one! Britt's 2, 700 yard seasons doesn't make him elite, not even close and now the bone head got arrested. Who in the hell worries now about having too many good WRS?

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I'm not basing it just on position though, it's not like I'm saying we should take a third round DT over Julio Jones, but I promise you there will be a equal or greater Dline prospect at the #8 pick in comparison to Julio Jones, and I think I pretty fairly showed that having great receivers mean pretty much jack****.

No we can't draft a whole line, but we need more help at Dline than receiver, and Dline is more important than receiver, and there are comparable prospects at both positions....How does it not make more sense to draft a Dlinemen over Julio?

You can't believe it why? In ten years there has been one superbowl winning team with two elite receivers, every one of the winners however had an impact player on the Dline.....

Britt is going to get a slap on the wrist, and he is a suitable #1 I think everyone would agree with this if they watched him play.

It's not a matter of having too many good receivers, but it doesn't matter if you have Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Marshall if your defense has more holes than swiss cheese. Say Mark Ingram was a higher rated prospect as Julio Jones, should we take him because you can't have too many good runningbacks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar