Fat Phil gets a raise!!????

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KTOWN TITAN, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

People see App State and see "Div II". That's all. After that win, App State would have been favored over half the SEC if they were scheduled.
    But nobody thinks about it in context. It was the first game of the year and the game was won by a blocked field goal. A blocked field goal...what are the odds?

But I still stand by this: App State would murder UT. I say that because UT is even worse at defending spread offenses than Michigan is. How'd they do against Florida, by the way?... cue the crickets...

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Their are 5 coaches in the SEC who have won titles. One is Fulmer. This is not even including Tubberville(13-0 in 2004) and Mark Richt. So if the Vols. did make a move they better get someone with a ring or has to be very good at his job. If I'm the Vols. I'd keep Fulmer till he wants to retire.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

First. UT wouldn't schedule a meaningless game against Appy St.

Second. The idea that would get "murdered" by Appy St. is just silly pondering. And then saying that because UT lost to UF's spread offense (which is actually a spread option) is proof that UT would lose to Appy state? Really? The reason UT lost to UF is UF had better talent and game plan and was the better team. The talent difference btwn. UF and Appy St. is huge. I've seen Appy St. play more than once. They are a great 1-AA team. BUT still a lower division team competing with 63 scholarship players as opposed to 85 scholarship players, most of which you would find listed on many recruiting lists, playing at home with a friendly home crowd stadium.

I'm am not claiming UT is all world. I am not claiming UT is better than Michigan. I'm just saying some cliches that ring true about living in glass houses. And as much as you want to try polish the Appy St. turd, it ain't getting any shinyer.

4. Deuce Wayne

The app state game was a loss like any other. Doesn't hurt my feelings any. But look at other teams. Not just Florida. UT is terrible vs spread offenses. Terrible. That's mostly due to Fat Phil. Lloyd Carr and he are 1 in the same. Well, other than the obvious weight difference.

50-20 isn't a loss due to talent. The talent gap isn't that large, and if it is, I never want to hear anyone ever again say that the SEC is so elite. If the gap is that large by a team that was dominated by the 2nd best Big 10 team? and Florida was supposedly thwe 4th best SEC team anyway...

None of this matters, really. Phil Fulmer is a crap coach. He doesn't even deserve the name "coach", because he's never done it in his career. I think we can all agree on that. Thank Hoffa for bringing up Michigan. As he loves to do for some odd reason.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Never said Fulmer was the end all and be all of coaching, but did he hit your mom or something? They guy has coached for over 15 years in a top level conference, won a BCS Championship and is among the top coaches in terms of winning percentage, so obviously he must be doing something right. Sure he needs to up the level, but I figure he has earned that chance at least to me, a season ticket holder.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not comparing wins but pointed out an overall record of 9-3, playing in the SEC Championship and beating a pretty good team in a bowl is a solid season for just about all but a handful of teams.

Bashing Fulmer for last season is a joke.

7. Deuce Wayne

^Really? Everyone thought he secured a firing after the Alabama game. And rightfully so.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

"Everyone"?

[​IMG]

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Ainge blew that game. I'm surprised we haven't heard any news about him Throwing that game on purpose, because it sure did look like that.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Brilliant!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar