external hard drive?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by GMITTS, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i have a 40 g ps3 and want more memory for my pictures and music. if i buy an external hard drive for a computer would i be able to plug it in via usb and use that? if not, does sony have extra hard drives?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The external hard drive would work for pictures/movies/music but not for game installs (as in it won't run game installs from the external hard drive).

I recommend just buying another hard drive (SATA II i think it is...laptop hard drives) and install it. It's really easy to do and Sony encourage it so it doesn't void warranty.

There are guides online on how to do it if you want to look before buying one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar