Explanation Please ... REGULAR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I was watching the sidelines for a lot of that game, looking to see what and where Pac was, and seeing if Calico was even on the sideline somewhere.

I was watching one of the quality control coaches, when I noticed him doing something strange, over and over and over.

When our defense was out, he would hold up one of two large yellow signs when the defensive play was called in. I never saw the second sign, because the only one he held up read "REGULAR" in very large black letters. I would say he held up the "REGULAR" sign 9 out of every 10 times.

I started watching some of the guys on the field, and noticed that nobody looked over to the sideline to check the play, except for Keith.

Would I be correct in an assumption that we were not even calling in a defensive play, and leaving it up to the backers to line up?

The Tennessean kind of confirms it a bit when Thornton was talking about his sack on a call that Keith made, in which no play was called in.

Maybe made me feel a little better about the defense if this is true.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Very curious. I didn't notice this but would like to hear more about it.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I saw the other sign on television. Can't remember what it said. I've got it on tape, though. I'll try to check it out.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Someone talked about this earlier in preseason. I think it's just telling the D what personnel the O has out there.

Who wants the D to go rogue, just ignore Swhartz, and make their own calls? :grrhee:

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Unfortunately I don't think you should put too much in that statement. I think what Thornton means is that they had a play called, but when Keith saw the empty formation he knew what play to audible to. These kinds of automatics are very comon for defences, since you don't know what kind of formation the offence will be in when you make your own inital playcall.

6. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

the other sign said posse. it was curious to me.

7. Pamo9

Pamo9 True Blue Titan Fan

Another one said "ACE"

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Maybe the other sign said, "LAY DOWN AND PLAY LIKE LAMBS".

9. VYF

VYF Guest

I saw the second sign.

It said, "You guys suck!"

seriously, I have no idea but this is interesting.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Yep, Posse was the one I saw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar