Expectations next 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

IMG_8278.JPG
    I am curious to get 'honest' expectations ahead of time , prior to these next 2 brutal stretch of games ...

This forum is very Jekyl and Hyde - way up when anything goes smoothly but as soon as a turnover occurs or a bad play call - "this is the worst team in the history of football"

So let's be real here - the Titans haven't played a meaningful game in December since when? 2011 ? I believe finishing with 9 wins and missing just short of the playoffs.

Since their only 2-winning streak of this season from week-5 and 6, this team has rotated wins and losses Until this bye week - w, l, w, l, w, l, w and now a bye.

Vs Denver , whether it's struggling rookie Paxton Lynch or game manager Trevor Siemeon - the Broncos still are the defending champs with stud playmakers on offense and a solid defense.

Then after @ KC who is playing just about as good as any team in the league (and is my Super Bowl pick - 3 weeks ago vs Seattle, sticking to that prediction)

Honestly this late in the season what are real expectations here? Jump off a bridge if the team losses both games? What if they stay competitive in both and still lose? Very doubtful they win both.

How about they split a game and if so which game do you see them having a better chance at?

For some odd reason the Broncos and Titans rarely play each other for being in the same conference - a stretch from 1995-2004 they didn't play at all which is odd. Obviously a lot has changed since even the last time these teams met up but out of the 2 games personally I see the Titans stealing this one - not even because it's at home but I feel the Chiefs are a more well rounded team and playing with a lot of confidence.

Either way I'm sure will all see a lot of "bridge jumpers" once something goes wrong with a blown coverage from new starter Brice McCain or whoever but this late into the season and still playing for playoffs is a change of pace - however these next 2 games are no cake walk.

Especially since the Texans or Colts will win this week.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Praying for 1-1 but 0-2 is more realistic

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm high with hope, but I'm guarding myself to 2 straight losses because this is the Titans we are talking about. As long as they are competitive and don't throw in the towel then I'll still be good if we lose.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

KC looked really really good against Raiders the other night. Their CBs are almost as sick as Denver's. Kelce has arrived and WR Hill is playing as well as any rookie. Guy is electric.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

I expect to be 7-7 after the next 2 weeks, and expect to finish the season 9-7, I see the Colts at worst being 9-7 so we are out of the playoffs in my opinion.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My expectation is that Mariota will get sacked a few times and have a turnover in each game. The offense won't be as explosive as it was when we went through the stretch of putting up 30+points a game. We lose both games, but are competitive.

Message board members then begin calling for Mularkey's head and also start fanning the flames that Mariota can't win the big game.

I certainly hope that it all comes together Sunday and we crush the Big Orange. I've conditioned myself for low expectations then the losses aren't as painful.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we can knock off Denver we can knock off KC

so Im going with a conservative 1-1, but 0-2 really wouldn't surprise me.

If we go 2-0 we're going 4-0 the last 4 and winning the south with ease.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I'm scared that we will be flat after the bye. Hopefully we can win 1 of the next 2 I see Denver as the most realistic win but wouldn't be surprised if we lost both.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Denver is a toss up and I see no way of beating KC in KC. I mean it's the NFL, so who knows? But I'm doubtful.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Surely by now these lame asses realize how bad theyve been following a break..?

Hopefully we come out swinging for the fences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar