ESPN Insider Titans Draft Guide

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by acqua7, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

McCourty is literally better then everyone up there...

Except Byrd who is now a saftey
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Obviously I meant Sensabaugh & Campbell, you fool.

Both Ron Turner & Chris Spencer can be starters next year, neither are great by any means... but they could start if needed. I prefer to go OG Rd 2 and let him battle the two vets for the starting spot. Then, with the first round go either DE, DT, or CB.

We already have a potential dominant DT, and his name is Mike Martin. How is DT one of our top needs? We have two young promising DTs in Casey/Martin. Sammie Lee Hill will provide depth and the 0-tech NT we need. A luxury pick would be DT if Floyd or Star is the route we wanted to take. If not, we have 3 starters and a good role player [Klug].

Corner is a bigger need than DT.
  3. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

i would just love to know Fisher's reasoning for drafting Mouton!
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

The only player I could argue is better is Lardarius Webb, he was playing at an All-Pro level before he got injured. Oh... and Mouton is better, of course. :brow:

Random fact of the day: One of Brandon Hughes' ex-girlfriend is one of my ex-girlfriends.. LOLZ.
  5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

I'm just saying that a dominant DT, like haynesworth, can make a defense that is ranked 25th into a top 5 defense. Just like Haynesworth did in 07 and 08.
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

No argument there... everyteam would love a dominant DT. However, AH played at a historically dominant level those years. I don't think Star will ever be close to that level, nor do I with Shariff Floyd.
  7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I agree, if you want a guy who can crash the line and cause havoc, he has to be a rare blend of BOTH insane power and speed. That means that he also has to be a bigger guy (ala Big Al, Wooly, Ngata, etc...) These smaller DT's don't have the physical requirements to do that, IMO.

Also, I watched a video of Mel talking about drafting and he said DT/DE are the hardest positions to grade, hence why they really are gamble picks. With such a deep DLINE class, I'd much rather go safe in round 1 with a Warmack/Coop and then we can gamble with the 2nd on a DL...
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Geno Atkins disagrees, he's only 6'1 295-305... but yet the best DT in the league.
  9. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

Because Marcus scouted him and thought he was good.
  10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Both Verner and McCourty grade out high and Sensabaugh is considered to have great upside by NFL scouts, at least I know they do with the Bills.