ESPN does not get it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

CJ was basically saying that the people who were blaming him for the running game woes that were actually watching the games don't know football. He was dead on correct on that. He shouldn't have said that regardless, but what he was saying was factual. I would tivo the games and watch them twice. I would pause the game when CJ took the handoff. I could see exactly what he was saying. It wasn't his fault that guys were getting blown up and missing blocks on nearly every run play. CJ made a few mistakes as well, but not any more than he did before when everyone loved him. He was frustrated because he was being unfairly blamed and criticized. CJ's frustration caused him to say things he shouldn't have said twice. Once toward the end of the holdout and once when people were saying he wasn't trying and didn't care because he already got paid. If you, or anyone else thinks the bad has outweighed the good for the Titans in terms of CJ, regardless of how clearly and articulately they might speak, perhaps they are the idiots.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I have said that about the online since I came back to this board. CJ hasnt been the "CJ of past", but he can still do something if he has holes. (were on the same side about CJ i believe, although I havent read many of your posts)

The point it, that doesnt matter. You dont attack the fans. And its more than that. His attitude has just rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Plus his holdout, ect, ect. He has given the fans reasons to not like him.

Its also not about the good outweighing the bad. My PERSONAL view on CJ? I hope he is humbled this season, however I dont like the guy. It has nothing to do with his teeth, speech, or his dreads. That doesnt mean I wont cheer for him. I didnt like AH either, but make no mistake that I loved it when he was blowing up lines. You dont have to like the guy to appreciate what he does for the team.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There are about 3 posters here that will never, ever, give even an ounce of criticism to CJ. So you're wasting your breath if you're trying to be fair about CJ. They wont hear it.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yup.

Kaeotik, there is simply no excuse for calling out your own fans. And he did it TWICE. I know you've justified it in your mind but quit acting like people don't have any reason to be upset with him.

And you're still oblivious to the fact that CJ is running much harder and is more decisive than he was at the beginning of the season. He DID play a role in the run game's struggles. To what extent is certainly up for debate. But it's not like he's the same exact guy right now that he was in week 1 and the O-line is the only difference.

There's a reason it's you and TheSureThing vs. The World on this issue.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Well I hope you're not counting me Deuce.

1. CJ was clearly wrong for calling the fans who were telling him to show up and sign "fake" No doubt about it. A comment more along the lines of "I understand the frustration, but I am going to do what my agent and advisers are telling me. Hopefully it will all be over soon." would certainly have been much better.

2. CJ was also wrong for saying what he said about the fans who were blaming him for the running game woes earlier in the season. Once again, the guy let his frustration get the best of him to his own detriment.

3. CJ did seem hesitant when there actually was a hole to hit during the worst of the line struggles this season. While he may have a decent excuse for that, It's his responsibility to be ready when the hole is there even if it's not there often.

That's all I can really come up with that CJ should be criticized for. I'm not going to agree that Deuce's outlandish claim that CJ was not hurt but just scared in the Ravens playoff game in January of 2009 is fair. I'm not going to say that people saying he "doesn't care anymore" or "he's avoiding contact" any more than he always did is fair. It's not and they clearly have been butt-hurt emotionally when there's really no reason for all that emo whining crap imo.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

See my post above. ^^^^

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Quality post. And the most (/only?) responsibility I've seen you put on CJ so far.

I also don't agree CJ was just scared and not hurt in the playoff game. I just can't believe he'd willingly take himself out of a game when the Super Bowl is SO close within grasp. I blame 'dem dirty ratbirds. They couldn't handle CJ and took him out by any means necessary.

However, I do think CJ was at times clearly going out of his way to avoid contact earlier this season. There were several times he "turtled up" instead of trying to make a defender miss and get extra yards. He didn't do that in years past, or these past couple of weeks.

All that said, who cares at this point? He's playing EXTREMELY well right now and the O-line looks much improved. Let's just enjoy it while it lasts. I wish everyone could just admit that CJ is playing great BUT did deserve some criticism for the first part of the season and move on.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You touched my heart, Kaeotik. Way to go, Champ.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm over this already and frankly I could care less what ESPN says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar